Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
plane.jpg

I build R/C planes out of fan fold and dollar tree foam. The detector will come in handy to find parts ejected from the planes. The plane shown did not survive long and it was an absolutely stunning crash.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Dr. Witty,

I too have enjoyed making a flying R/C planes, built many from balsa wood and the paper wing covering material. We both know what happens when they crash!

Good Luck in both of your hobbies.

Regards,

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is a great looking plane. Do you have a YouTube channel showing some of your flights/crashes?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice job! That's some good foam work.

I fly R/C myself as my hobby.

That's me on the left. This one has a 26cc gasoline engine.

DSC_0034_zps6zufehyp.jpg

I fly foam as well - but I buy it as is.

DSCN1429_zpsdbebeda6.jpg

OP
OP
Dr. Witty

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't have a you tube channel. I spent more time painting that plane than I did flying it. I don't fly much anymore since daylight hours are spent detecting. I never got into gas powered planes although my first build was a Sure-flight J-3 cub with an OS .20 motor that I built up, covered and eventually traded for a camera. It wouldn't be until 25 years later that I took up the hobby again this time with electric flight. It's way cheaper and breaking a wing is more like a 2 minute fix with hot glue instead of a 2 week process with balsa and covering.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions