me,brother,nephew,dogs, bear, deer 4/7/06

buckeyehunter

Jan 29, 2005
Lancaster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
e-trac
We took these yesterday after a HARD day of metal detecting, didnt find much but we had a lot of fun, when we hunt my brothers house the dogs help us, the long haired datsun "BIG RED" is very interested in treasure hunting, he has to be there every second while your digging, he goes crazy if we are both digging, he will run back and forth between the two of us! he is so interested my brother and I are trying to figure out a way to mount a coil under his belly with the box on his back and a display screen mounted out over his head so he can look up to see if he wants to dig! ;D

- first picture is of my brother and nephew, my nephew is 16, great athlete! in his sophmore year and is on varsity football, baseball and basketball, this was his first year playing varsity football, he had the league record in interceptions

- second picture is me and my brother, I am the big scary guy on the left

- BIG RED

- hunter, the laziest non- hunting dog you ever seen in your life

- brothers house 100 plus acres, there was atleast an old barn on the property that was tore down years ago, I think it was a mill but not positive, there is a cemetery on the property also but markers are gone and all signs of it have dissapeared, we think we know where it was though but still looking

- the pond, great bass fishing, my brothe has a keg in the basement refrigerator so in the summer you can often find us fishing and drinking a few cold ones

Attachments

• franky.JPG
    franky.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 773
  • mikefranks.JPG
    mikefranks.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 766
  • red.JPG
    red.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 766
  • HPIM0483.JPG
    HPIM0483.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 763
  • HPIM0481.JPG
    HPIM0481.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 759
  • HPIM0482.JPG
    HPIM0482.JPG
    14.4 KB · Views: 765
OP
OP
buckeyehunter

buckeyehunter

Jan 29, 2005
Lancaster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
e-trac
i was telling the chat room the other night about my brothers pet bear... here is a picture my brother found yesterday, couldnt find any of the other pics

I dont think I told anyone about his pet deer, last summer my brother ran him over with the quad in high grass... on accident of course, my brother nursed him back, this is one of the last pics before he quit coming around, my brother still see's him from time to time, he is doing good but runs with other deer, wont have anything to do with humans which is a good thing

Attachments

• bear.jpg
    bear.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 784
  • deer.jpg
    deer.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 759

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
YES! Bears (or bares) should be kept and fed often! Scratch behind ears. Scratch belly. Scratch behind. Us like to lay around and sleep. Us love to watch TV.
Mike, great pictures. We totally approve of nephew's choice of Tshirts.

grizzly bare

OP
OP
buckeyehunter

buckeyehunter

Jan 29, 2005
Lancaster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
e-trac
thanks grizzly! and yeah I like his shirt to, I was kind of surprised to see him wearing it, I am 30 and listened to them in H.S...... who would have thought

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pics Mike

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Cool Pics Mikey...Thanks for sharing...Yah the stuff we wore in high school...the kids still wear...they call it "retro " now! LOL

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's good to finally see you, Mikey, after chatting with you so much.

That's quite a menagerie you've got there. Big Red reminds me of my dog....dachshund /lab mix.....the father was the dachshund. Figure that one out! ;D

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike,

Great meeting the people we chat with. Great photos too, thanks for sharing with us.

HH ;)
RR

OP
OP
buckeyehunter

buckeyehunter

Jan 29, 2005
Lancaster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
e-trac
taken a few months ago after i just bought my atv, leaning a little and eyes a little shut, it was HOT that day and i might have had a few beers already ;D

Attachments

• DSC00157.jpg
    DSC00157.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 493

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread