Me in my back yard

gallileo60 said:
Wow, Fossis, BAD A$$ picture...Love the scenic backdrop...We called them lightening bugs too....Looks like you had a great place to grow up...Have you ever been to Mena, Arkansas, or DeQueen, on top of the mountain??? We used to go on Vacation there every year when I was a child...Thank you for posting it...........
Thanks, I was just in Mena yesterday, selling
fossils, I have been in the Mts there quite a lot.
I have samples of Turquoise, Manganese, Gold,
Crystals, that came from there.
Some very nice lakes & parks to visit.

Fossis.............

fossis said:
gallileo60 said:
Wow, Fossis, BAD A$$ picture...Love the scenic backdrop...We called them lightening bugs too....Looks like you had a great place to grow up...Have you ever been to Mena, Arkansas, or DeQueen, on top of the mountain??? We used to go on Vacation there every year when I was a child...Thank you for posting it...........
Thanks, I was just in Mena yesterday, selling
fossils, I have been in the Mts there quite a lot.
I have samples of Turquoise, Manganese, Gold,
Crystals, that came from there.
Some very nice lakes & parks to visit.

Fossis.............

Oh man, I loved it up there..Is Mena still as pretty as it used to be???

.What kind of fossils do you sell???
You can PM me, or I you if you like..I might like to buy some....Thanks for the reply...Tom Shaw

I sell fossil ferns from local coal mines.
The mines are being reclaimed & time is running
out on my collecting.

Fossis.............

Thanks Folks

Fossis................

That photo is so nice it actually relaxed me to view it. What a country. Absolutely gorgeous place! :icon_thumleft:

IWillFindTheGold said:
That photo is so nice it actually relaxed me to view it. What a country. Absolutely gorgeous place! :icon_thumleft:

Thanks, we have lots of History, fossils, Indian relic's, Nature, etc.............
I will never get tired of exploring this area.

Fossis............

Molly. said:
Handsome man & beautiful scenery.
What mores a girl want.. ::) :D

Molly.

Thanks Molly. :icon_sunny:

Fossis..............

You look a bit like Anthony Hopkins there.. Now I want to hear you say fava beans :tongue3:

I just came across this fossis, I must say it's nice to put a face to a name.
You must have had a childhood that most kids would just love. Mine was in a City in a post war Britain. Times were hard and food was scares, I would have given anything to have lived in a Countryside as beautiful as you did.

.U.

spartacus53 said:
You look a bit like Anthony Hopkins there.. Now I want to hear you say fava beans :tongue3:

::)

Fossis.............

Unicorn said:
I just came across this fossis, I must say it's nice to put a face to a name.
You must have had a childhood that most kids would just love. Mine was in a City in a post war Britain. Times were hard and food was scares, I would have given anything to have lived in a Countryside as beautiful as you did.

.U.

We lived with kerosene lamps, wood stoves, Ice boxes, (It was delivered in blocks), we drew our water from a drilled well, we raised garden vegetables, beef, hogs, chickens, we always had plenty of food, but we didn't have much money.
We cut & baled our hay, raised corn for the animals, I had my own horse to ride.
It was a life I will 'always cherish'.

Fossis...........

Owa chita. Choctaw word. You got bumped back up, so I looked again. It is a great part of the country there in Little Dixie, once you get used to the heat and humidity. I never rolled logs, but most of these folks have never lived until they haul hay bales in southeast Oklahoma. I sure won't forget it. Good pic.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back