Me Johny Mc. @ Dewey Beach with the Joka.......................

johny mc.

May 18, 2005
My family -wifey,Karey and daughters Laurey and Paigey and me of course went to the beach for a week for nothing but fun and sun. The weather was absolutlely incredible. This is the second vacation in three years since opening my store. ....remember when you are in need check out www.theadventurelodge.com......anyway that's me on the hotel bed with the Joka.....you know one of those stuffy things you put like 25 dollars in the claw machines to win something. Actually I'm was pretty good it only took me a $1.50...........god bless local small retailers, screw all the big boxes......had to let that out......I'm rambling on tangents now.............normally I wear contacts but the first day there my right one tore/ blew apart. I hate glasses...don't take it personal its just the vision is not the same. We detected a little and found some jewelry,change,etc......I like relics and old coins better so............did get to the shipwreck museum in Fenwick Island which is worth a trip. e-mail me if you need directions....it's cool......forget about hitting coin beach unless its after a northeaster...its a tough place to detect and the flies are fierce. Grew up nearby so I know....we ate seafood,putt-putted,did the rides, hit the pool, hit the surf,nice water, shopped-well the girls did, rollerbladed, ate some ice cream,fries,checked out the local talent if you know what I mean, went on a cruise with an obnoxious boat captain,hit IHOP which is awesome down there....read some trashy chick novels...pretty much just did nothing............................would have rather been on a tour of Virginia civil war detecting but I do love my wife and kids.
aloha johny mc.

Attachments

• P1010020.JPG
    P1010020.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 528

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HAY JOHNY,

Get up & get Out There !

Welcome to the MUGS ;

Jeff

F

Floater

You lucky dog. all the rest of us jobin out. Sounds like a great time. I expect an invite next time though ;D HH

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
hey johnny that shipwreck museum is really cool! i was down there this past 4th of july week and im glad i checked it out.as far as coin beach goes.........i get the impession that not a lot of stuff is still found there ........even after a storm.its a shame because my mother has stories of picking up english coppers out of the surf as a girl without a detector! imagine if it were still that way!!anyway.....sounds like you had a good time!

TOWcritter

Welcome to the forum. We hear good things about you and your store from Jeff. Looks like you have a very nice establishment. I'm in northeastern Maryland and go to the Poconos alot (family). If I get a chance I'll stop on in. BTW....what are you doing in your room on a nice day!? Get up and out ..... times a wasting! I've found a few things at coin beach and am going to be down to OC Aug 26 for a couple of days. Can't wait. Keep those pics coming..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread