Memorial Day Thank You

skylarking1970

Feb 17, 2009
Kent Read, Kent Write, Kent State!!!!!! Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum
I know this isn't the right forum to post this, but thanks to all of of veterans for helping to keep this world a safe place and to help protect our freedoms.

If you have a flag, fly it proudly today to thank those that have served, and those that have given their lives to make out country what it is today.

If you don't have a flag, please go out and buy one.

I remember when almost every house on Memorial Day use to fly a flag.
Now, I seem to be only one of a few.

Please take the time to do this in remembrance of the millions of Americans over the years that have served and/or died for us.

It is your way of saying thanks, and not taking for granted their ultimate sacrifice.

In my eyes, not to fly a flag today is purely selfish.

God Bless our veterans old and new, and again thanks for everything that you have done to help make my life a better one.

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Just a note for all the flag flyers. First off thank you for flying them but please remember to take them down at night unless you have a light on it 24/7 and when it becomes frayed take it to your local VFW for proper disposal DON'T just throw it away.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
This Memorial Day, pause to honor our fallen heroes, thanking God for their sacrifice and for allowing us to live in the greatest nation on earth and converse in English; not German or Japanese or any other previous or current aggressors' nations' tongue.
Don.......

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Gentle reminders:
Today, Memorial Day, commemorates those who served and died in military service.
Veterans Day, Nov. 11, is intended to honor and thank all military personnel who served the United States in all wars, particularly living veterans.
As a vet, I'm very proud on Veterans Day. On Memorial Day I'm very humbled by the supreme sacrifice made by those who died in service to this great country.
The flag, if flown at night needs to be illuminated, yes, and not simply by a streetlight, but it need not be illuminated during daylight.
Don...

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_salut: Freedom because of Sacrifice Sincere " Thanks " go out to all the members of the armed services , past and present THANK YOU for your service RIP Fallen ones :icon_salut:

Attachments

• lest be forgotten.jpg
    lest be forgotten.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 175
  • lest be forgotten.jpg
    lest be forgotten.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 176

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frank1960 said:
Just a note for all the flag flyers. First off thank you for flying them but please remember to take them down at night unless you have a light on it 24/7 and when it becomes frayed take it to your local VFW for proper disposal DON'T just throw it away.

And spend the money and buy an all weather flag. Beautiful !!

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
TnMountains said:
Frank1960 said:

And spend the money and buy an all weather flag. Beautiful !!

yep! and like frank says....don't leave her out in the dark....ours is lighted! I am sure there are lots of sites that will explain flag etiquette and obviously Frank has it down pat!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread