Mens Platinum!

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 (current detector)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro (first detector, no longer have)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Men's Platinum!

UPDATE: Weight is 14.4 Grams!

I posted this in the "Today's Finds", but wanted to share it here as well since it was found im at the beach.

Finally found my first good find since living in St Thomas.

I decided to go out and do a little bit of night metal detecting in the ocean since it was so calm today. When I got to the beach, it was smooth as glass. After about an hour and a half and a few pull tabs later, I get a screaming hit on the AT Pro. Solid 55. I figured it was another pull tab, but I always dig them all hoping for some treasure. Well this time it happened. I could see the "PLAT" stamp looking back at me so I decided to call it a night with this find in the bag.

I don't know the weight, I'll stop by one of the many jewelry stores here on island and see if they can give me a weight. It definitely feels heavy!

I have been waiting for my first gold ring and still haven't found gold. Never, ever did I think I would find platinum. You just never know in this hobby. Enjoy the pictures and happy hunting to everyone.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1425693060.298750.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1425693082.116455.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nice find Vdibguy! Way to go!

WOW! W.T.G. Congratulations on your first platinum ring :thumbsup:.That is a great find.I have been beach hunting for over 8 years, and just found my first platinum ring last May.That find really made my year.

You know you have something when you bounce that around in the hand! Very Nice!!

I've been doing this for quite a few years and only found a few PLAT..... That one is heavy too. Congrats :icon_thumleft:

You LIVE where? Man! That's a hunter's area! GREAT Plat! :occasion14: :occasion14:

congrats on that find- I'm still looking for my first.

Nice chunk of plat...congrats.

That's an awesome find! Wish you continued success there in St . Thomas.

Men's Platinum!

Thank you everyone! Like I said before, I never thought I would find Platinum. Now that it's crossed of my list, next is Gold. My first Gold is still on my list of things to get. Maybe soon.

Best of luck to everyone.

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back