deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a new permission the other day but, it was late in the day and only had time for a quick hunt. The property is only a couple miles outside of Gettysburg. It was no surprise when the homeowner said the property has been hammered with others over the last 30 years.
My first hunt was only about an hour long hunt, a quick walking around in one of the fields then hit the yard. I managed to pull a 1943 merc and then a shell casing stamped 1943 from the yard.
Made a return trip back to that same property today for a couple hours. Not much found today, did find another shell casing, this one marked 47. Found three toy cars, don't think any are old Tootsies or Lesney's. Not far from the cars I found what I first thought was a smashed toy badge. After getting home and a little cleaning up, it's not a badge but a sash buckle. Any idea of age or time period on it.
Most hits in yard were 79-80 and turned out to be can slaw and small pieces of aluminum pipe.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    255.5 KB · Views: 64
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    282.6 KB · Views: 65
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    393.1 KB · Views: 71
Upvote 7

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the Merc deershed :occasion14: Your finds just go to show that a site is never really hunted out.

cambria09

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Sovereign Elite, Mine Lab Etrac, Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello deershed. Nice digs from a pre-hunted site. Good Luck. C9

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the coins and relics! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread