Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Merc., ,IH's and more

Hit the yard I;ve been working the last few days for an hour this a.m. and a couple hours this afternoon...damn work keeps interfering with my detecting time...:) Today I found a 1941 Merc, 2 IH's...1883, 1887 (which brings me to 104 IH's this year!!). Also found 3 blank copper slugs, not sure what they are , they are about half dollar size and I also found one yesterday. Found a silver thimble, #8, an old army button, an old suspender buckle, an old copper spike, brass pin, shoe whatever its called, and a 1963 license plate tag. Should be able to get out some the rest of the week, for weather sounds warm enough so frost or snow won;t be hitting yet...:):)

Attachments

• 112706.JPG
    112706.JPG
    17 KB · Views: 262
  • button001.JPG
    button001.JPG
    6.6 KB · Views: 260
Upvote 0

markgPA

Jan 13, 2006
Bethlehem, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites PrizmV, Minelab Explorer SE
Re: Merc., ,IH's and more

Super finds, again. Darn work always gets in the way.
HH
Mark G

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

104 Indian Heads!!!! Just shoot me now! Thats really fantastic ...aswell as your other finds!

OP
OP
Mainedigger

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

gypsyheart said:
104 Indian Heads!!!! Just shoot me now! Thats really fantastic ...aswell as your other finds!

Am thrilled with all the IH's I;ve found, if someone told me back last January that I was gonna find over 100 IH's this year I would have asked them if they had any more of those drugs they were taking...:) Gotta get a count on my Merc's(as well as everything else....a good project for when the frost hits hards and to stay) as well for I know I;ve found over 50 mercs this year, got a pastic roll container almost full of them plus the ones I got in my book. The Metal Detecting Gods have been smiling on me big time this year and I thank them very much for that... :-D :-D Just hope they don;t expect me to sacrifice one of my kids to them for their doing good by me....my wife wouldn;t like that much...:) Well, as hard as they fought going to sleep tonight, she might not mind....:)

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains

Maine you are really still on a great roll up there. Everyday I log in and see loads of great finds.

Umm is what are hotel rates up there? LoL joking.

Congratulations on those great finds. Not frozen yet, so I know I will get to see many more great finds before the year is out. Perhaps you will be kind enough to give us a year end picture? Would be very cool.

TY and Congratulations,

Postalrevnant

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Whoa! :o 100 Indians and 50 Mercs!!! And here I am happy with my little handful of silver! :P :D

You are doing great on the finds! Congrats and good luck for the week!

Nana :)

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice finds. I find a lot of those copper slugs. They used to be coins before the elements and fertilizer wreaked their havok ;D.

mlw67

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2006
Portland, OR

Sweet finds Maine.

104?!? Well I found 2. ::) lol But I like to call them 'west coast large cents'. heheh

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions