Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My A$$ was on vacation all week last week, so I was busy entertaining him most of the week. I did manage to get him to go to the mountain where I had found the Eagle buttons and such Saturday last, to find some GPS spots that I had found on an old map showing houses. After finding them for my buddy and I he left and we spent the day at one of the sites. Not much in keepers from there.....the usual tax tokens and bullets and such. Later in the week Lisa (huntin buddy) and I decided to go back and find one of the other sites. When we go through the first gate everything seemed normal as usual. Got to the second gate and it was closed. ??? This one up to now has been left open and all the cows and donkeys and such were allowed access to any part of the pasture, so a little confused but opened the gate and carried on. Got down to the spot and put down all the stuff that we had carried with us....backpack, bucket for carring all the junque out, water....ect... Turned the detector on and began swinging. Was there a couple of minutes and started hearing this noise that was just out of this world! I turned and looked at Lisa and ask her what she thought it was....she didn't know either. ??? Kept diggin and the noise got louder and louder! Looked up and there they were! Two of the biggest bulls I ever did see and heading straight for us! :o We hurriedly picked up all our stuff and head for the grove of trees for cover! I'm carring the bucket and Lisa is carring the backpack...they are getting closer and closer and we go from a swift walk to all out runnin! :D Lisa's got ahold of my shirt tail while we're runnin, she's screaming and I'm tellin her "It'll be alright!" :D After making it to the middle of the grove I stop and she plows into my backside! :D After a quick recovery, I look down and realize what is going on. I have a five gallon bucket and the bulls thinks it's feedin time! :P I leave the bucket and we skirt around the edge of the woods and crawl under the fence and left them the bucket! ;) We did get to detect on the other side of the fence and found more bullets and a 1918 wheat and a button with a person shooting with a bow and arrow and some regular change and of course some junque. It was an adventure, and we had fun! :D

Nana ;D

Attachments

• 100_6223.jpg
    100_6223.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 889
  • 100_6245.jpg
    100_6245.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 887
  • 100_6250.jpg
    100_6250.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 880
  • 100_6253.jpg
    100_6253.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 881
Upvote 0

markgPA

Jan 13, 2006
Bethlehem, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites PrizmV, Minelab Explorer SE
Funny story Nana! I would have ran from that beast too!!!!-without the bucket!! Glad you guys survived.
Mark G

cheffer

Sep 17, 2004
Western Mass
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Fisher 1275 LTD, Fisher 1265, Fisher 1270, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
what a load of bull!

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
lmao..... that is a riot !!!!!!!! i trust you both are well,,, sorry, but i'm still laughing..... ;D

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Oh my gosh Nana...I am just crying :D. Good thing your bucket wasnt full of finds....those bulls would have been chasing you longer,because I know you wouldnt have dropped it! Next time you need to take a video camera and make some money off Funniest Home Videos! Can you run fast backwards while filming?? Hahaha ....And Lisa hanging on to your shirt tail....thats just too funny! Your Hubby should just follow you around for entertainment!

Oh Yes...Nice finds!

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
:) :) That's a great story Nana!! I can only imagine what that looked like.
If you had it on video, you'd be $100,000 richer.

Big smiles!
BDoo

Kent in AL

Mar 21, 2003
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Fisher CZ-6a, ID Edge
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Nana!

I haven't logged on much in a long time but that was a good story to return to! BTW, you must be a tax token magnet. You always seem to pick up one or two of those.

Kent

relikhunter

Jul 17, 2006
S.E. kansas
Detector(s) used
whites dfx garrett gtp 1350
Great finds nana!Sorry about the bulls,Glad you didn't get hurt...take care and be CAREFULLLLL!! HH RH

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
;D ;D ;D ;D It's not buttons & bows...it's bulls & bullets.

Nana, I've told you time and time again...BEWARE OF BULLS :-X Anytime you are carrying a bucket regardless of size, the bulls are going to follow you like a lost puppy. From my experience...Angus bulls are more tamer than any other breed, so beware of all the others.

BTW, great finds!!!

;) RR

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah...we were laughing about our little adventure today, and I told her I was gonna have to share that hunt with you all! :D

I know RR! You would think I would know better than that! What was I thinkin? :D

Hey Kent! Been missing you! And yep....always tax tokens... :D Got a purdy good collection of them goin! :D

Nana :)

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois
Congratulations on your finds. Thanks for the great story. This is a great reminder for everyone. Make sure your hunting partner is SLOWER than you. :D

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

OH my goodness Lucky! :D :D :D

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
Nana,
I'm trying not to laugh....but it's not working :)
Be careful out there, lady!
We'd miss you if you were laid up............NO BULL!:)!:)!:)

T

TreasureTales

Great story, and glad you posted a pic of the perp. Happy that you two made it out safely and still found some interesting stuff.

NorCal 6er

Aug 24, 2006
chowchilla, ca
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, GMT, XLT, Fisher C$, Gold Bug 2, 1225, 1220, Minelab SD2200v2
Had that happen to me when I was a kid :o
not sure if I could out run them now ???

glad you made it out ok

Joe

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nanna, I don't know who wrote the best story, you or Gypsyheart's reply. I am still laughing. Great story and nice pictures. I love tokens so keep posting them .

Thanks again for the heart warming story and lots of laughter!

HH, Ringfinder

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D That is so funny NOW but not then.....Glad to hear you made it out...........LMAO

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread