Mercs and more....cold and lucky yields more BUT.........(pics work)

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
Well, once again I hit the spot where I found my first three mercs and the diamond and sapphire rings the other day. Now I marked pretty clearly where I had left off so I started there. If I had kept swinging for another 10 minutes I would REALLY hit it big. I hit a spot that was just making my MD SING all over. So one merc....clad....two mercs...clad...THREE MERCS!!!Clad...FOUR ,FIVE ,SIX MERCS.....I am close to coronary about now....WAIT...What's this? Another 14k gold ring with a diamond and ruby!!!!!!!! :o :o :o clad clad MERC 7 and merc 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In hardly anytime at all I found 8 gorgeous mercs and this ring, and about $16 in clad!!!! All of a sudden, a dumptruck pulls up and the guy absolutely refuses to dump anywhere but the exact spot where I am hitting these mercs. We, um, "talk" for a bit, I mean he did have three full lots to dump on, why start dumping right where I am digging? The bottom line, he was a real jerk and my sweet sweet spot is now covered deep in 5 inch rock, graded and steamrolled :'(

Noone will ever know what else there was,at least not for many MANY years, but I know I was digging this stuff as fast as I could dig. The mercs are no key dates but range from 1929 to 1945 and are just awesome. I do not believe they have been in the ground for more than a few weeks. Probably from when the house was dozed.

So here are the pics of my last finds from the cold and lucky lot!
Total take for two days, totalling probably 4 hours of swinging were as follows.
11 mercs
1 14k white gold engagement ring with diamonds and sapphires
1 14k white gold wedding band with 5 sapphires
1 14k yellow gold wedding ring with 1 ruby and two diamonds

over $20 in clad

Attachments

• 8mercs.jpg
    8mercs.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,045
  • diamondsandruby.jpg
    diamondsandruby.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 1,028
Upvote 0

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Mercs and more....cold and lucky yields more BUT.........

Holy Cow Nashoba! Looks like you've had the best day since you've been a member on TNET!

Congratulations on the all the gold and silver - too bad about the spot getting covered up, huh. Many a nice place is now covered in asphalt or gravel.

Hey, at least you got yours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats and HH/NS

WTG!

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

I CANT SEE THE PICTURES!!!, Anyway it sounds as though you had a great spot. Sorry to hear its gone, but you did get some fantastic finds Nash!! congrats.

kenb

D

doyboy

When he insisted on dumping where you were at, you should have pulled your "guns" out. :o

Nice day!

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800

Wow,

Sounds like a great day. That's a nice little area you got going right now. I'm sure there is more to be found.

HH Jer

DigMO

Sep 29, 2006
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX,Whites 6000 Di PRO SL

Nashoba-that's just awesome.I'm happy for you and green with envy.Man,I would be just sick if someone had covered up a spot like that I'd been working!!I can't see the pics either-won't open.WTG~DM

Alchemy

Nov 30, 2006
Beautiful Burnett county, WI
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Awww man...that stinks, right as you're on a roll! :(

Well, at least you got to get what you did get out first..and that's good!
(sheesh, what kind of a sentence was that? lol)
And, great finds were still to be had!

"We, um, "talk" for a bit, I mean he did have three full lots to dump on"

What's on (in) the other 3 lots though? Did you get a chance to check them?

Same here about the pics too ???

OP
OP
Nashoba

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used

Night Stalker said:
Holy Cow Nashoba! Looks like you've had the best day since you've been a member on TNET!

Congratulations on the all the gold and silver - too bad about the spot getting covered up, huh. Many a nice place is now covered in asphalt or gravel.

Hey, at least you got yours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats and HH/NS

WTG!

These two day were far and away my best to date. I know they are etched in my mind. I don't know what's up with the pics, but I can see two now???

As for the rest of the area, I did not have the time to cover it before they did.......UGHHHH :P
~Nash~

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rubies and diamonds...my favorite. Awesome finds, Nash. Dang, that's a shame about the dump truck arriving and dumping on top. Win some, lose some...what a bummer. At least you did get some remarkable finds from there.

;) RR

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE

That is amazing..................um...........really..........wow.

Next time some guy goes and takes a dump on your sweet spot - shoot him.

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage
Excellent finds. I can't believe that guy had to be such a schmuck. I'm glad you got what you did.Nice work.
Mike in NJ

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Great job,,,what type of area was it in the old days (recreation?)

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next time you are at a spot like this don't waste your time digging all of that clad! Sure, you found a lot, but you can find that anywhere. It's rare to find a spot so loaded down with silver. That's why I cherrypick spots for just the deeper, good stuff.

OP
OP
Nashoba

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Bergie said:
Great job,,,what type of area was it in the old days (recreation?)

In all actuality, this is where Louis and Clark spent their first winter on the Pacific coast. This area has a lot of history. Sadly, the town proper was built on top of a large indian camp where Louis & Clark actually traded with the natives. I just know there has to be some wonderful relics under all that concrete.

The problem is that the soil here really eats stuff up. Salt just does not go well with metal. I got very very lucky finding the silver in the condition I found it in, and am quite sure it was in the house when it was torn down. The spot I was hunting was within 100 yards of the main highway that has been the coastal road for a very long time. In this century, as far as I know, all that has been there was that particular house which was torn down. This has been a coastal tourist town for many many years. Perhaps before other homes werebuilt nearby it was a place where they held fairs or carnivals.
I usually hunt the beach but decided to change tactics after reading a few posts here and wanting a change of pace.

Lucky for me it worked for awhile, but now I will get to see a strip mall each time I pass in the near future. I just got word that they are going to tear down an old hotel in the middle of the oldest part of town. You can bank on the fact that I will be swinging away given the chance. It looks like the Estuary of the Columbia River and southwest WA, northwest OR coast will be where I spend a majority of my time hunting as I am moving down this way. All I can say is, wherever I go, my MD goes and I'll be swingin' it!

Thanks for all the nice comments.

~Nash~

randall61

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2004
Guntersville,Alabama
Detector(s) used
fisher 1236x2,viper trident
WOW.......even tho the sites covered up i'd still be smiling...a big CONGRATS A VERY NICE DAY IM smiling & I didn't dig um ...lol

OP
OP
Nashoba

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
core028 said:
Looks like you had a great day with all those mercs and ring. :) Knowing theres more there and not being able to get to it really sucks. >:(

Yep...and you really do need to work on saying it the way it is. LOL ;D
Take it easy and thanks.
~Nash~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions