Mercs and more....cold and lucky yields more BUT.........(pics work)

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
Well, once again I hit the spot where I found my first three mercs and the diamond and sapphire rings the other day. Now I marked pretty clearly where I had left off so I started there. If I had kept swinging for another 10 minutes I would REALLY hit it big. I hit a spot that was just making my MD SING all over. So one merc....clad....two mercs...clad...THREE MERCS!!!Clad...FOUR ,FIVE ,SIX MERCS.....I am close to coronary about now....WAIT...What's this? Another 14k gold ring with a diamond and ruby!!!!!!!! :o :o :o clad clad MERC 7 and merc 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In hardly anytime at all I found 8 gorgeous mercs and this ring, and about $16 in clad!!!! All of a sudden, a dumptruck pulls up and the guy absolutely refuses to dump anywhere but the exact spot where I am hitting these mercs. We, um, "talk" for a bit, I mean he did have three full lots to dump on, why start dumping right where I am digging? The bottom line, he was a real jerk and my sweet sweet spot is now covered deep in 5 inch rock, graded and steamrolled :'(

Noone will ever know what else there was,at least not for many MANY years, but I know I was digging this stuff as fast as I could dig. The mercs are no key dates but range from 1929 to 1945 and are just awesome. I do not believe they have been in the ground for more than a few weeks. Probably from when the house was dozed.

So here are the pics of my last finds from the cold and lucky lot!
Total take for two days, totalling probably 4 hours of swinging were as follows.
11 mercs
1 14k white gold engagement ring with diamonds and sapphires
1 14k white gold wedding band with 5 sapphires
1 14k yellow gold wedding ring with 1 ruby and two diamonds

over $20 in clad

Attachments

• 8mercs.jpg
    8mercs.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,046
  • diamondsandruby.jpg
    diamondsandruby.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 1,029
Upvote 0

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice!

HH

lonewolfe

renegade_7

Jun 10, 2004
Missouri
Sorry your site got covered up, no telling what else was in that lot. He could've dumped elsewhere I'm sure. What a jerk. Anyways, congrats on the great looking mercs, the ring, and the amount of clad.

Thorgrim

Nov 7, 2006
Edmonton, Alberta
Those finds are freakin awsome! WTG!

The mercs are in very good condition you are probably right about them being in the house that was torn down. Almost like a cache that got spread all over the place. After reading your story and looking at the pics I can't wait to get out there this spring. Winters in Edmonton suck.

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would think if the dump-trucks had flat tires and a crazy person with a pistol in one hand and a detector in the other would slow them down. ;D ;D ;D ;D
Burdie

S

sendin

Congratulations Nash - your timing was good even though you didn't get all of it. Treasuretale's idea is a keeper. Hope you get another one like that real soon.

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JEEEEEZ NASH!!!! Why didn't you call me? We coulda beat the crap outta that truck driver!! That is a phenominal set of finds. Who finds that many mercs in one spot AND GOLD!!!!! Sure wish your spot was still around, amn. GL in the future near there.

Laater...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread