Mercury and Napolean on the same field.

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.
My buddy Ed called me today and told me that they had moved some piles of debris from the Meadows field and it would be a good idea to search where the piles were. Ed wanted to hunt the field as much as he can before he leaves in 2 days. He and his wife are driving their motor home out to Laughlin, NV where they will spend the next 6 months.

Anyway, I met him at the field about 4:30. He had gotten their earlier and had already found a silver Washington and a couple wheaties. I quickly went to an area where one of the debris piles had been and started finding coins almost immediately. A wheatie here, an Indian there. A weak bottle cap signal produced a very worn 1856 Napolean III coin about four inches deep. A silver dime signal turned out to be a very worn 1926 Mercury dime at about the same depth. Also found a colonial style button with intact shank, leaving me with the anticapation of maybe finding a large cent or bust coin. Not found tonight, but maybe if they grade off some more areas on the fields.

Here's the merc:
Nap, merc, etc 007.JPG Nap, merc, etc 008.JPG

Napolean III:
Nap, merc, etc 001.JPG Nap, merc, etc 002.JPG

Indian head:
Nap, merc, etc 003.JPG Nap, merc, etc 004.JPG

Button:
Nap, merc, etc 005.JPG Nap, merc, etc 006.JPG

The rest (Don't ask me what OSMOPLASTIC is):
Nap, merc, etc 009.JPG

Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WoW! I don't think I've ever seen a Napolean coin posted here before. VERY COOL! 8)

Great button, merc and love the marbles too! Super site you have to hunt!

Keep 'em coming! Congrats! Nana :)

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
You're finding some unique stuff in there!

The Napolean coin is rockin'!

Congratulations!

Ridley

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool! I found a couple of those coins in Germany. Really neat ,congrats. :)

OP
OP
skierbob

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.
Kirk,

You got me all psyched up to get back out there. Here it is late Friday afternoon and I'm really thinking about fighting the rush hour traffic on I-95 to get up there and find that Barber half. That would be nice to find one. It's been quite a while since I found a Barber half. I did find a Walker there last year though. However, I'm really tired right now. I've already played 2 softball games, worked out 3 times and went coinshooting 3 times this week and went drinking 3 times on top of that. I'll probably wait til tomorrow to find that Barber half. But, thanks for the encouragement. HH
Bob

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
That's a killer spot you have there. Good luck on finding your Barber.

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Congratulations great collection of coins. I hit the fields hard last fall after the crops were brought in, unfortunately I never had any days like that one. Like the marbles as well, very cool.

Postalrevnant

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread