Met my Barber at the Park

davew0710

Oct 3, 2008
Western Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
E Trac
Was out a couple of weeks ago with my buddy Bob. We decisded to hit some old ball fields that have given up silver in the past. We were hoping to find some deep stuff. No such luck. A couple hundred yards away from the ball fields in a very small city park. On the way home we thought we would hit it just for the heck of it. To our surprise, we both found silver! Bob got a SLQ without a date and I got a noce 23 merc.
I have been thinking about that park every day since then. It is a 40 mile drive so I can't just jump in the car and head out to detect.
Finally got my chance the other day. Weather was miserable and I only hunted an hour or so. Got a few clad quarters and newer pennies and dimes. O yeah, also got one of those signals bouncing around with a good, solid 47 Co reading on the E Trac. FE was jumping from 14 to 24, but mostly in the lower end of the range. This had to be a good one, I thought. Glad I dug it! About 10" down was a beautiful 1912 barber dime!!! You can still read "liberty" on the cap!!!.
May skip Easter services and have my own "sunrise service" back at the small park

Attachments

• Barber Front.jpg
    Barber Front.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 565
  • Barbert back.jpg
    Barbert back.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 563
Upvote 0

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
that is one sweet dime, the detail on that one is real clear.
I'd be going back too

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
That's a sweet Barber! Once you get an idea about hunting a site it's hard to get it out of your head!

Dan32981

Nov 11, 2005
Oak Harbor, Washington
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find! seems like everyone is digging Barbers this year, i dug a 1913 Barber Dime last weekend!
HH, -Dan

OP
OP
davew0710

davew0710

Oct 3, 2008
Western Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
E Trac
[/quote]

Whichever path you choose- may the wickedness be removed from you.

You are absolved.

Amen.
[/quote]

Not a wicked bone in this body. I am the absolver. Contemplate on your self righteousness and beg forgiveness

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks in good nick :thumbsup:

STH69