Met up with StormTrooper today ~ four wheats and lots of clad

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
My wife & I took a weekend trip up north in the Portland area. Saturday I detect a park and a school by myself. Then today we met up with StormTrooper and his girlfriend and hit a couple "hunted out" parks. I'm not sure we did so good! I ended up with four wheat cents ~ 1920-P, 1920-S, 1939-S, and 1953-S. My total clad for the weekend = 14 quarters, 26 dimes, 6 nickels, and 63 Memorial cents. I also pulled a .925 silver ring and .925 silver pendant from the grounds around an elementary school in Lake Oswego. Sorry, no pic's this time!

Upvote 0

Stormtrooper154

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
It was nice seeing you guys again. Sorry, I had my camera, should have taken a few pictures. All I found today was clad...as expected for these parks LOL. Some days you get lucky, but the finds are usually not worth the invested time IMHO. However, it is about the time you spend swing and not the finds. However, I kinda like the good stuff to show up on my trips out just like everyone else does LOL.

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
Oddcoins,

Sounds like you did pretty good! I love finding those wheats. I have found about a dozen this year so far. Good job on the silver as well. A little of the silver and a few wheats is a good weekend in my estimation. ;)

baldingboy

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Well hey you went out you spent time with friends and you had a good time and you found something. That is a good day.

OP
OP
oddcoins

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
KirkPA said:
A day with Stormtroopa, let alone a day with a dude with an SE is a day worth mentioning.

I guess I should also mention that I dug a total of 46 pull tabs for Saturday & Sunday ~ still no gold! DANG IT!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread