Metal Detecting in Garland, TX area?

mattyshore

Jul 16, 2013
Westbury, NY
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going to be in Garland, TX visiting family for a few days. I have never done any detecting out that way and all I know is that you are not allowed to detect in State Parks and that Texas has antiquity laws for anything over 100 years old that does not apply to private land. Does anyone know of any place where you can go and hunt without a permit and is legal? I am on vacation and would hate to get a ticket. Any help would be great as I think it would be pretty cool to find something out that way. I am from Delaware and even with our rich history, there is more garbage and back fill than anything else and I need a good find to keep me motivated even if it is outside of my local area. Thanks for the help!

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going to be in Garland, TX visiting family for a few days. I have never done any detecting out that way and all I know is that you are not allowed to detect in State Parks and that Texas has antiquity laws for anything over 100 years old that does not apply to private land. Does anyone know of any place where you can go and hunt without a permit and is legal? I am on vacation and would hate to get a ticket. Any help would be great as I think it would be pretty cool to find something out that way. I am from Delaware and even with our rich history, there is more garbage and back fill than anything else and I need a good find to keep me motivated even if it is outside of my local area. Thanks for the help!

State Parks are a No No.....but I dont know if it differs from Fort Worth, but here we can detect any city park without a permit...Hope that helps

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you know that Garland is the home of Garrett Metal Detectors? I've been to Garland many times with the military, on times during lunch we would walk out the back door to the little park & eat our lunch. When I received my Ace 250 several years back, while watching the instructional DVD I recognized the park, even a few military vehicles drove past. Just a quick suggestion, give them a call, they may give you some hints on where to detect.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread