Metal Detectorists Dream Job - Join the Kellyco Team

metdetdevl

Sep 14, 2007
Winter Springs, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figured instead of taking the employment opportunity to the newspaper and job boards, I might as well try the industry forums first since you guys and gals support us.

Kellyco Metal Detectors is looking for a few metal detectorists to fill some inside sales position in our Winter Springs Florida showroom.

There are a few requirements that we are looking for but because you are into the hobby, you probably have them... I will list them out below...

The Requirements:

* A metal detectorist with 5 or more years of experience using metal detectors.
* Must have or have owned one or more metal detectors.
* Must have computer experience.
* Must be willing to work days, evenings and Saturdays on occasion.
* Live in the Central Florida Area so you can work in the showroom
* If you speak more than one language, great; but not a necessity.

What Kellyco has to offer:

* Great Income Opportunity
* A Comprehensive Health Care Plan
* Dental and Vision Plans
* Vacation Days, Personal Days and Paid Holidays
* 401K & Profit Sharing Plans
* Life Insurance and Disability Insurance
* Direct Payroll Deposit
* Employee Discount Programs
* Learning Opportunities
* And of course... The ability to try out any metal detectors we have available... ;D

If this sounds interesting to you, please either PM me for more info or send your resume to [email protected] and I will get it to the Sales Manager.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
metdetdevl

metdetdevl

Sep 14, 2007
Winter Springs, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JohnnieWalker said:
metdetdevl said:
* And of course... The ability to try out any metal detectors we have available... ;D
That in itself makes it appealing!! :hello2:

That is real... I take one out almost every weekend now! In fact I need to try another machine, I started using the Minelab Explorer SE about a year ago and completely forgot there were other machines available. I need to test out some newer ones...

Dan

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess this weekend I'll have to dig a green card instead of a green copper, then we'll talk about it. ;D

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will we have to press ONE for English when we call?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metdetdevl said:
I figured instead of taking the employment opportunity to the newspaper and job boards, I might as well try the industry forums first since you guys and gals support us.

Kellyco Metal Detectors is looking for a few metal detectorists to fill some inside sales position in our Winter Springs Florida showroom.

There are a few requirements that we are looking for but because you are into the hobby, you probably have them... I will list them out below...

The Requirements:

* A metal detectorist with 5 or more years of experience using metal detectors.
* Must have or have owned one or more metal detectors.
* Must have computer experience.
* Must be willing to work days, evenings and Saturdays on occasion.
* Live in the Central Florida Area so you can work in the showroom
* If you speak more than one language, great; but not a necessity.

What Kellyco has to offer:

* Great Income Opportunity
* A Comprehensive Health Care Plan
* Dental and Vision Plans
* Vacation Days, Personal Days and Paid Holidays
* 401K & Profit Sharing Plans
* Life Insurance and Disability Insurance
* Direct Payroll Deposit
* Employee Discount Programs
* Learning Opportunities

If this sounds interesting to you, please either PM me for more info or send your resume to [email protected] and I will get it to the Sales Manager.

I just want to say I was in your store again Tuesday afternoon about 3:30pm to buy a harness for a friend in Ocala. I bought it from Dorris and I also talked to Roger about the Excal shortage and Wanda about missing the Great Southern Beach Hunt you use to help sponsor, your phones were actually ringing off the walls while I was there.

I don't think people realize when they complain about being put on hold when the call is first answered, just how many calls you take a day. Considering how many calls I witnessed while there, as well as the service I got as the phones were ringing, and the service I witnessed other customers receiving while I was there your doing a good job... :icon_thumright:

TxMike

Mar 6, 2005
Columbus, Tx
Detector(s) used
White's
Fisher
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey, open an office in Houston and I'm all over it!

Guess, I'll have to wait 20 years until I retire and move to Florida!

I was in their office last year and the service was great (and yes, the phones were ringing non-stop then as well!) Kudos to Wanda for wonderful service and really going the extra mile to help me out with a problem.

OP
OP
metdetdevl

metdetdevl

Sep 14, 2007
Winter Springs, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
Will we have to press ONE for English when we call?

Where did that come from? And the answer is no... We have an international department to handle 5 other languages if needed but all calls are answered by a real person that speaks English.

I just want to say I was in your store again Tuesday afternoon about 3:30pm to buy a harness for a friend in Ocala. I bought it from Dorris and I also talked to Roger about the Excal shortage and Wanda about missing the Great Southern Beach Hunt you use to help sponsor, your phones were actually ringing off the walls while I was there.

I don't think people realize when they complain about being put on hold when the call is first answered, just how many calls you take a day. Considering how many calls I witnessed while there, as well as the service I got as the phones were ringing, and the service I witnessed other customers receiving while I was there your doing a good job...

I am glad you got good service while visiting the showroom... That is great to hear. As far as calls go, we are slammed most of the time. If you think Tuesdays are busy, try stopping by on a Monday pretty much any time.... It gets super busy, hence the need for more sales people.

Dan

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would be an awesome job for sure!

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
metdetdevl said:
Chico Rico said:
Do you help with relocation?

Not right now... We have to try the local pool first... Sorry

do you receive a salary?..or is the position strictly commissioned based?

(h.h!)
j.t.

(p.s) say hello to j.w. for me!..thanks!

OP
OP
metdetdevl

metdetdevl

Sep 14, 2007
Winter Springs, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jmaryt said:
do you receive a salary?..or is the position strictly commissioned based?

(h.h!)
j.t.

(p.s) say hello to j.w. for me!..thanks!

Sales reps are hourly plus commission.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Having worked in a detecting treasure shop for years I know how hard it is to provide knowledgeable help to a flesh & blood customer while management insists you answer all phone calls too and leave the customer hanging. The customer you left to answer the phone has money in his hand while the guy on the phone is only checking prices or bust your chops for information.

The benefits where great as you got to play with all the new detectors for weeks to learn them, meet the reps, discounts or at cost detectors, free coffee, great conversation and people to meet.

When they hired me I asked how much and they said $11.00 an hour. I told them I didn't think I could come up with that much. :coffee2:

davebien

Feb 5, 2008
DuPage County, IL
Detector(s) used
DFX and now a new Minelab Explorer SE Pro
I was there a bit over a week ago. Wanda was on vacation down south so I couldn't thank her for her help. I was the only customer in the store but everyone was on a call so I was free to roam the store. Scary, real live people answering calls, lol. Some real nice homes in Winter Springs too. I drove up from Boyton Beach (my daughter's) to see friends near Orlando while visiting from Chicago. Oh, and I did buy something while there. It was nice to see all those items in person, in one place. The DFX I bought a few years ago is almost figured out.... its the new Minelab SE that has me talking to myself. At least I get the answers I want that way, lol. And yes those were my glasses I almost left behind. Duh, that was me.

Thanks, Dave

PS: Driving on 95 is a contact sport. Doing 75 I got passed by a DUNEBUGGY!!! Last time it was a soccer Mom in a minivan with kids. And it only gets worse the closer to Miami you get.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread