Metal detectors in carry on luggage, Will they let them go with you?

waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've carried mine on the past 4 trips with no problems whatsoever. I've also checked it. The key will be how much carry on do you have and will the airlines let you take it all as carry on.

I break my whites down and put the coil and the control box in my carry-on suitcase. I put the rods in my golf bag along with the digger and the head phones.

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
I travel with mine the same way. You must check the shaft and any diggers you have.

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We flew to Peru last year and did a carryon for the DFX I have.
Just broke it all down and put it in a carry on bag, the rod was even longer than normal,
they looked at it and waved me on...
Like they did not really give me a second thought..
I did not carry a digger with me, I figured I could get one in Peru when we arrived.
My biggest fear was customes when we arrived in Peru, but the light was green and they did not
have to check my bags.

OP
OP
R

Rifleman

Oct 1, 2007
Thanks for the replies. It is the rods that worried me. TSA kinda makes up rules as they go along sometimes. I know I can't take a digger unless I check it in baggage.

Good hunting, John k

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am really surprised the airlines will let you take a metal detector aboard an airliner, especially with all the security. What do they ask you when they see your detector as your carryon?

S

stefen

Have taken 3 trips recently with no problem...

By the way I let my digger carry her own bags :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions