Can anyone help me out?

• ??

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ??

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TreasureNutt

Mar 29, 2007
I'm new to treasure hunting and i don't yet have a detector. I was wondering if anyone could let me know a good metal detector to buy for the money ???. i don't want to spend an arm and a leg but i don't want something you get a the toy store either if you know what i mean. lol if anyone could help me out that would be great. Thanks

bowser

Feb 27, 2007
SOUTH WEYMOUTH MA.
Detector(s) used
PRISM11 MXT IDX PRO TESORO COMPARDRE T2 se
Primary Interest:
Other
hi i had a prism 11 you could look into one of those they are fairly inexpensive, they are made by whites good luck

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
I would say a Garrett Ace 250. Tone ID, Visual ID, True notch the list goes on. It's only 212.00!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For beginners, the Garrett ACE 250 is a fine detector that many like. Check out the Garrett website and the detector reviews.

TomNWMI

Feb 5, 2006
NWMI
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Musketeer, Tek G2, Omega and a Fisher ID Edge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasureNutt said:
I'm new to treasure hunting and i don't yet have a detector. I was wondering if anyone could let me know a good metal detector to buy for the money ???. i don't want to spend an arm and a leg but i don't want something you get a the toy store either if you know what i mean. lol if anyone could help me out that would be great. Thanks

A good mid priced detector will find just about everything the top of the line units will.

Here's a short list of some good all around performers that are fairly easy to learn. As you become proficient with them any of these will do the job.

Fisher..1236X2 & ID Edge
Minelab..Sovereign GT, Xterra 50 & 70
Whites...M6 or MXT
Tesoro... Cibola & Vaquero

spez401

Jul 13, 2006
Coventry, RI
Detector(s) used
Excal
Just about everyone here on the forum would agree that the Garrett Ace 250 is one of, if not the best starter machine around. Even those of us who don't have one. It is moderately priced (around $200) for a detector, is easy to use and learn, and performs extremely well in the hands of an experienced user.

You really can't go wrong with that machine

steve

TonyinCT

Mar 14, 2006
Granby, CT
There are a lot of detectors that are good for the money. it depends on what kind of money ( amount ) that you want to spend. The Ace250 or Tesoro Cibola are good starter units and then you can go from there. It also depends on where you want to hunt and what you mostly want to look for. There are a lot of factors involved. let me know if you need any more help making your decision and i would be happy to oblige.
TonyinCT
www.tcmetaldetectors.com

N

nightshift

im running a BOUNTY HUNTER SHARP SHOOTER ...all my mates are running top of the range MINELABS.....but the honest truth is the site that you are detecting and the time you are prepared to put in is just as important as the machine ......i have by far found more than my mates simply because i research the areas i will detect and i put far more time in than they do.....its worth thinking about

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
beginners machine with features usually only found on higher priced detectors? ace 250 hands down. garrett makes high quality products too and they stand behind them. its hard to go wrong with a $200 ace 250. ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread