METEORITE OR SPACE JUNK ?

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
last toosday or wendysday i and a friend experienced what appeared to be a meteorite or space junk ? who determines as such ? about 6:30ish or so i can remember with my zombied out brain. in the so called (most corrupt state in the nation) how is this determined also ? a zombie just has to go by hearsay. we were heading eastbound with heavy cloud cover so it had to emerge with a trailing tail and burned out quickly. but both of us saw it.WAY COOL anybody else see this ? i should have made a post on this sooner. but i had a more pressing matter. they say idle minds are the devils workshop so here i am again

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most likely a meteor. They are WAY COOL. I was walking down a country road with a friend just before sunrise in Alabama years ago. A bright green meteor fell straight in front of us and disintegrated into several pieces just before it burned out. It was the coolest meteor that I've ever seen and something that I'll never forget. It looked like a firework.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd say meteor. I've seen 15 or 20, only a few of them have been as bright as you described yours. Don't see one of those everyday do you?

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
call Coast to Coast . I miss Art .

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Onetime , back - late 90's , ... we were all ever dipping - 3:00AM. I saw the Full Moon with a ring around it , next to the Hale Bopp comet , I told the other 11 people to look to the Moon . They Did - an then the the big purple meteor flew under the the moon . The visual was amazing , and the audio - Big crackling sounds - we all heard them .
L

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your meteoroid was likely the one that fell to earth in my Missouri town recently.

scott9050

Apr 8, 2013
Martinsburg, WV
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Teknetics Omega 8500
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
last toosday or wendysday i and a friend experienced what appeared to be a meteorite or space junk ? who determines as such ? about 6:30ish or so i can remember with my zombied out brain. in the so called (most corrupt state in the nation) how is this determined also ? a zombie just has to go by hearsay. we were heading eastbound with heavy cloud cover so it had to emerge with a trailing tail and burned out quickly. but both of us saw it.WAY COOL anybody else see this ? i should have made a post on this sooner. but i had a more pressing matter. they say idle minds are the devils workshop so here i am again

I must have seen the same thing at about the same time. I was traveling on the local toll road heading west towards home when I saw this green streak to my left. It lasted a good 5 seconds before going dark.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Years ago THE ADMIRAL and I were driving north on I-81 just above Cortland and we both saw a bright orange meteor streak across the sky ahead of us headed east to west. It changed to bright green and then immediately flew into pieces; all leaving trails in the sky. Wild! The whole thing only lasted three or four seconds

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
call Coast to Coast . I miss Art .
call who ? and aks what ? if dey saw da same meteor or space junk ? or whatever ? Art who ? cane Art ? why do u miss Art ? cane Art was annoyed me.

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
I must have seen the same thing at about the same time. I was traveling on the local toll road heading west towards home when I saw this green streak to my left. It lasted a good 5 seconds before going dark.
nope nope couldnt of. dat means u were heading west toward the most corrupt state in the nation. and da only tollroad would be about oh ? maybe 30 or 40 miles to the south of wheres i was at. at the time. which would mean u were already in da most corrupt state in the nation ? well maybe ya were ?

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
I'd say meteor. I've seen 15 or 20, only a few of them have been as bright as you described yours. Don't see one of those everyday do you?
nope ! nope ! i sure dont. (*_*)

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
Your meteoroid was likely the one that fell to earth in my Missouri town recently.
nope ! nope ! coont of been. i'm still north of dere. i guess nobody knows where the most corrupt state in the nation is ?

Georgivs

May 16, 2018
Athens Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
meteorshit.png

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions