Meterorite??? S.W. Missouri

keeplooking4756

Jul 17, 2009
Found three pieces of a very heavy mass all within a 500 feet of each other.Nothing else in the hunt site looked even close to the rocks were were culling through. Based on the pics of the largest one anyone want to give me an idea???????

Attachments

• Meterorite2.jpg
    Meterorite2.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 430
  • Meterorite 3.jpg
    Meterorite 3.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 448
  • Meterorite2.jpg
    Meterorite2.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 434
  • Meterorite 3.jpg
    Meterorite 3.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 430

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use to live in Missouri, I saw a lot of those, if they are meteorite the state was bombarded with them, I think it is some kind of slag..........

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think they are slag, 'cause I found lots of them around Springfield. Some near a cave... one in particular, about the size of a volleyball. The article that I found on the Greene County Library website might be of interest to you. Just a possibility. I posted it on my thread...
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,216954.0.html

Bran <><

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still do not think they are metorites, the sizes of many were very large and quanty were just too many,

OP
OP
K

keeplooking4756

Jul 17, 2009
Interesting article.I am 20 miles south of Greene County.Found these in Reeds Spring,Mo., in a small wash deep in the woods off a typical country gravel road.What was odd, and I am not saying this or the other rock pieces are meteorites,is there were only these three pieces,all of similar qualities,alone in a sea of completely different origin and looks. The one in the picture weighs in at just short of 100 lbs. Whatever they are it made for a fun day.Thanks for the look and great information on this areas celestial happenings. GOOD WORK!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread