21.5 KB · Views: 951
  • location of the Escondida mine©.jpg
    location of the Escondida mine©.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 944

texaco

Greenie
Mar 29, 2005
Hey,
I don't know anything about mining but I've enjoyed your posts so far. I have some friends down in the Sonora area. I am in the "otro lado" right now, but I spend most of my time in the city of small dogs. Lots of mining there. I enjoy getting into the old mines near Santa Eulalia. Maybe we'll bump into each other when I'm back in town this summer.

Tex

OP
OP
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OldBillinUT TT
Thats an impressive assay for sure. Do you have a handle on reserves yet ? OB
I cannot give you the actual overall reserves except from the very small claim in the center - which I also own - that has been worked in the past,and shows a potential production of 25 tons a day for at least 10 years. -90,000+ tons. this is the Magia.

Projected Yearly production for the Magia. @ 25 tons daily for a year..

Average smelter returns 1,125,575 @ 350/oz.
Production costs 193,140
gross profit 1,011,654

Average Au values on the main Escondida vein structure run 24 grams per ton, etc. See the State Geologist's sampling results in the post above..

We are discussing a core drilling program to determine more or less what the total reserves may be.

Tropical Tramp

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
author=texaco
Hey, I don't know anything about mining but I've enjoyed your posts so far. I have some friends down in the Sonora area. I am in the "otro lado" right now, but I spend most of my time in the city of small dogs. Lots of mining there. I enjoy getting into the old mines near Santa Eulalia. Maybe we'll bump into each other when I'm back in town this summer.
Tex

Hi That we shall my friend, you have my em address.

Tropical Tramp

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's 2% of the mines profit right? If so, good for you!

Is that 74 ounces to a ton of gold? :o :o :o I'd dig by hand for that kinda return ;D

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=djui5 link=That's 2% of the mines profit right? If so, good for you!
No, that is 2% of the net smelter returns, i.e. actual costs to send it to a smelter plus smelter processing costs. Production and administative costs are not supposed to be included.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is that 74 ounces to a ton of gold? :o :o :o I'd dig by hand for that kinda return ;D

Sorry, that is in grams, i.e. approx. $20.50 US per gram = $1510:00 US, but certainy NOT typical of the average values. Average Au. will possibly run to 24 grams = $492 in Au

Average overall values will hit around $1500 - $2000+ per ton, a fairly nice mine hehehe.

I wlll be getting my pay back after years of hardly having pepsi or coke money. Sigh.

Tropical Tramp

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
RealdeTayopa said:
Average overall values will hit around $1500 - $2000+ per ton, a fairly nice mine hehehe.

I wlll be getting my pay back after years of hardly having pepsi or coke money. Sigh.

Tropical Tramp

That's still a great mine if you ask me, especially with all the silver in it too.

Congrats on the deal! I wish you the best with the next adventure ;D ;D ;D

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=arkhunter
good work RT. may you have unlimited pepsi money soon.....perhaps a little beer also
john in arkansas

You "wll" join me in a beer fest John? Incidentally the "big" one, TAYOPA, is yet to come.

I deeply and sincerely thank you for your kind wishes my Friend.

Don Jose de La Mancha TropicalTramp

VICTORIO

Jun 8, 2005
Detector(s) used
Pulse Star II & Whites TM808
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real de Tayopa, How hard is it to get into the Explores club, and do you think it might be beneficial in what I'm doing.

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HIO Victorio: Go to www.explorers.org for details. As for the latter, it depends upon what you have in mind.

"Who is Considered for Membership?
The Explorers Club differentiates exploration for field science from exploratory travel for tourism. While both activities are valuable, our members and those qualified for membership are persons who carry out or assist in field science expeditions to study unknown or little known destinations or phenomena in order to gain knowledge for humankind. You need not have climbed Everest, dived to the deepest point in the ocean, or discovered a new dinosaur. But we are looking for individuals who have gotten their hands dirty and their feet wet working in the field as participants in one or more documented scientific expeditions.

Tourism, by comparison, is enjoyed primarily for pleasure or self education. Therefore, extensive travel photography, participation in educational tours, or similar pursuits in remote parts of the world do not alone qualify one to become a member"

". http://www.explorers.org/join/Application12MAR07.pdf"

Don Jose de La Mancha

Sandpit

Jan 28, 2006
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Nautilus 2Ba & Tejon
Hey, Rt, long time no here. Wishing ya the best on the negotation of yr mine. Lots of pesos. Good luck bud.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions