Micron Gold recovery using Mechanical separation.

Needle

Dec 24, 2007
Roseburg, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's-GMT
Mechanical separation seem to be the cheapest and the most environmentally friendly technique of recovering micron Gold from hard rock ore.

Leaching, amalgamation and flotation methods work, but some involve more expense, intensive time involvement, safety precautions and proper disposal of waste.

My Question is... Is their any mechanical separation process better or comparable to the Micron Wave Table from Action Mining Company located in Sandy, Oregon?

Their product seems to be OK, I have Watched a DVD on their products.

(http://actionmining.com/tables.html )

The Pictures are of some Gold I have recovered using amalgamation methods, the micron gold was retorted then melted into these nuggets.

Attachments

• chicken and eggs.JPG
    chicken and eggs.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 4,269
  • Micron Gold.JPG
    Micron Gold.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 4,996

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
The wave table from Action is OK but not the speediest piece of equipment you ever wanna run. All the material you run must be the same size and very small lots.

Have you looked into centrifugal concentrators? Take a look in ICMJ.

BTW, I'm not a hardrocker, I'm a dredger- so this is just something I read somewhere, probably ICMJ. ;)

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A guy I know makes a table that recovers gold down to 1 micron. It's spensive though, and more for major operations. Not sure how much your looking to spend.

RuffandTuff

Nov 24, 2005
Darvin Wade, inventor of several pieces of mining equipment including the RP-4 which will recover down to 1 micron. The RP-4 is about 2' x 4' recovery table that can be installed on a permanent basis or installed temporarily at a stream location. I'm sure that the price is much less than $2,000. Darvin can be reached at (www.globalminingsolutions.com) or at 1-800-407-3269 or (928) 859-3949. The company is located in Arizona (gold country). I hope this helps. RuffandTuff.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe im off base
look into coconut carbon filters ???

OP
OP
Needle

Needle

Dec 24, 2007
Roseburg, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's-GMT
EDDE, actually I have used coconut carbon filters when we were cyanide leaching. I would rather try to capture the micron Gold particles through mechanical separation. I've learned a lot in the last month through suggestions from others and experimenting with different things. Thanks for the input. Needle :)

OP
OP
Needle

Needle

Dec 24, 2007
Roseburg, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's-GMT
Thanks Ed T, no I haven't heard about adding the corduroy, I've got some of that miner's moss ordered though and can't wait to try it. maybe by then this weather will straighten up a little. Thanks for the corduroy tip, think I'll try it.

Needle :)

OP
OP
Needle

Needle

Dec 24, 2007
Roseburg, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's-GMT
EU, I did look at it one time before but, dismissed it. I went back and took a harder look and read some of the press reports and think it might be worth a try. I think I can use that 6" x 24' x 2" model with what I'm doing now with out much hassle, it could be my first stage ore feeding run with the tailing from it going directly into my free swing bump sluice with, miners moss, worth a shot.
Needle ;)

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I did some testing with David and Christina a few years back. I'm thinking their sluice would work good at the tail end, under a fine screening.

You can process large amounts of material with it, but I think it'll do better with minus 10 mesh material running through it. Works real good on beach sand, and as an extra cleanup. :)

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI: Side thingie. I found that by attaching a thin sheet of plastic to the inlet of my table, I recovered enough fines to pay for the operation, where before it all went into the tailing pond. It merely floats on top of the surface as much as possible and forces the fines under the surface eliminating the surface tension carrying / floating them off. If you have any questions, post away.

Same for the carbon absorbtion , I once had a 5 tank operation.

Don Jose de La Mancha

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Is there some more efficient method than heap leaching for recovery of micron gold?

R M P T R

platdigger

Tenderfoot
Sep 12, 2007
So, this cleangold system......how does it work?

I went to that website, but it just looks like a smooth piece of plastic.......?

Randy

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
It has a series of magnets built in. Black sands in the magnetic field build riffles that catch the fine gold. Thing is, their "liquid" riffles, impossible to clog up. Each time the black sand is disturbed by material running over it, the gold just sinks deeper and deeper into it.

Nice little slickplate.

Like I said, works pretty good for fines. You'll wanna catch your nuggets earlier in the process though. ;)

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Needle said:
EU, I did look at it one time before but, dismissed it. I went back and took a harder look and read some of the press reports and think it might be worth a try. I think I can use that 6" x 24' x 2" model with what I'm doing now with out much hassle, it could be my first stage ore feeding run with the tailing from it going directly into my free swing bump sluice with, miners moss, worth a shot.
Needle ;)
I have heard it gets a recovery about as high as mercury or higher, not sure if it's true though.

OP
OP
Needle

Needle

Dec 24, 2007
Roseburg, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's-GMT
rmptr said:
Is there some more efficient method than heap leaching for recovery of micron gold?

R M P T R
Probably not, big mining company's are making a profit using this method. As a one man operation who, has a little experience with cyanide leaching , I personally do not want to use that method for recovering micron Gold.
It takes a great expense to get setup to do it efficiently...
It takes constant monitoring of leach fluids to dissolve the gold particles
which involves... ( titration - a test with silver nitrate to determine the correct amount of cyanide in the solution and a constant PH Test to keep the solution At
a PH of 10 or 11 using sodium hydroxide.)
This is not an operation you can just shut off the lights and go home.
There are other leach systems besides Cyanide, I've seen some of the systems from www.actionmining.com or go directly to pdf file http://www.actionmining.com/Catalog.PDF
If I can't get the Gold using mechanical separation, I don't care if I get it at all.
I want to recover it as simple as possible not complex and hazardous.

Needle :)

OP
OP
Needle

Needle

Dec 24, 2007
Roseburg, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's-GMT
bigm said:
Forgot to tell you look half way down the page to recoverable ore

mike

This is something new to me, bigm. Need to read more about it. Needle :)

• vastly increase recoverable ore
In tests conducted by several mines, Brown's Gas treated ore allowed recovery of up to three times more mineral. Brown's Gas can be used to treat waste dumps of obsolete mines, recovering more mineral than the mine originally produced. Again, this application is worth billions of dollars.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread