Upvote 0

southern gent

Aug 1, 2004
Pickens Co. S.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Sovriegn. Whites. Garret
Primary Interest:
Other
The best thing about detecting though, is you never hit your peak! The finds just keep on comming. Great finds and HH! Chris

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds!!WTG!!HH

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Wow.........from what I can tell, My book says that the 1810 is worth about 350.00. 1819 is not in my book. The bottom half cent piece, is it 1819? It's not in my book either. They show that they didn't start until 1840-1857 (Coronet Type - Half Cent). You found those in the ground? The top two are very clean.........just curious.

HH,

Moon

OP
OP
G

GaCracker

Feb 13, 2005
The two silver coins are 50 cent pieces and the copper one is an 1819 large cent. The site was an old mill that made hoe's. The coins were only about 5 or 6 inches deep.

R

rvbvetter

WOW!! I can omly dream of finding coins like that. Great finds!! WTG!!

Doesn't it seem like they could have found better looking models for their coins, back then though? HH

nevrdundetecting

Sep 26, 2005
Wayne Co., WV
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, White's Prizm III, Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
Pro-Find 15 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
AWESOME!! BEAUTIFUL...wish I could find a site like that around here!! Good going, is there still ground left to cover there?

HH

ticotiger14

Jul 29, 2004
Those coins are spectacular, just think what you could buy with a half dollar in the early 1800's. I have found a Seated Half but I could only dream of 2 Bust halfs in one day. You must have been stoked.
HH, Tico

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You WHAT!!!! ???? Wanna sell your detectors ???? Because your afraid of not being able to top that find.. :D

I don't think you will ever be able to stop hunting now...even after 30 years......

You may as well go ahead and plan on another 30!

HAHA! ?:D

I was expecting to see a post that mine always looks like!! ?:D

Great finds!!!!! ?:o

Nana ?;)

Gigisdiamonds

Mar 18, 2005
Kansas
Cool finds! WTG! ;D ;D ;D Then dare to dream BIGGER! You know what they say dreams really do come true! Sure some people don't find much, but then some find more then anyone would think they ever would!? ;D? Why not believe it will be you? I believe it takes sweat equity, in this game to get the big hauls. ;) Sometimes to just get anything, so far for me!

I think sometime were like little ants, that just keep at it, no matter how impossible it seems .... we just keep digging and looking for that special treasure! Seems so silly, when I think were doing this and theres this whole big world to look for something others have lost and we get to guess where to find it all. Just one big game! What fun!

HH
Gigi

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Those are awsome silvers and the large cent looks pretty good too. Nice finds!

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
Quitting? Not in a million years. (of course then you could detect yourself and find fossils) After some great finds like that I'd be so jazzed they'd have to pry that stick out of my hands. Congrats on those beauties. Keep digging them.
grizzly bare

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions