CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Am really starting to like the new site. Especially after the short run of buttons. Found all three buttons within a short period of time. Get the feeling all of them are old but the one with anchor is of one piece construction making me think that ones possibly even older. If anyone has some knowledge of the approx ages of these buttons chime in please. The wheat penny is a 1916 plain. The president token coin is something some gas stations used to give away in the 1970s I think. On the second photo on top the Ford item might be a model A or T hub cover not sure? If you know post away. 8) Below the Ford item have what is probably a large iron spoon or ladle handle. Then maybe a butchers knife? Have a nice rim-fire cartridge also, maybe a 45 didn't measure. Also have some twisted up brass with incremented markings which maybe from a scale is my guess. Thanks for looking and happy hunts!

CARM

Attachments

• 3_14_2012 M.B.T. wheat n token.jpg
    3_14_2012 M.B.T. wheat n token.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 416
  • 3_14_2012 p2 M.B.T. relics.JPG
    3_14_2012 p2 M.B.T. relics.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 443
Upvote 0

KyFreeBird

Mar 21, 2009
:hello: :icon_thumleft: Wow !!!! Great finds !!! Love the Anchor Button !!!!!!! Could you post a better closeup ? Thanks.

OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sure thing, KYFB 8)

Attachments

• 3_14_2012 anchor b close.JPG
    3_14_2012 anchor b close.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 368

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: great score !

shinkus

Tenderfoot
Aug 21, 2011
Those rectangle piece with the slit in them are probablt reeds from a harminica.
CoinandRelicMan said:
Am really starting to like the new site. Especially after the short run of buttons. Found all three buttons within a short period of time. Get the feeling all of them are old but the one with anchor is of one piece construction making me think that ones possibly even older. If anyone has some knowledge of the approx ages of these buttons chime in please. The wheat penny is a 1916 plain. The president token coin is something some gas stations used to give away in the 1970s I think. On the second photo on top the Ford item might be a model A or T hub cover not sure? If you know post away. 8) Below the Ford item have what is probably a large iron spoon or ladle handle. Then maybe a butchers knife? Have a nice rim-fire cartridge also, maybe a 45 didn't measure. Also have some twisted up brass with incremented markings which maybe from a scale is my guess. Thanks for looking and happy hunts!

CARM

hdmech71

Jan 25, 2012
wv
Detector(s) used
F75 se / Minelab Soveriogn / sunray probe/ whites classic Id/ pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
shinkus said:
Those rectangle piece with the slit in them are probablt reeds from a harminica.
Yes I am familiar with them but thanks for mentioning that. Some other readers might not be. Also noticed that one of the reed sets is made of much thicker different looking metal than I am used to retrieving, perhaps it is a much older one?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread