CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Am really starting to like the new site. Especially after the short run of buttons. Found all three buttons within a short period of time. Get the feeling all of them are old but the one with anchor is of one piece construction making me think that ones possibly even older. If anyone has some knowledge of the approx ages of these buttons chime in please. The wheat penny is a 1916 plain. The president token coin is something some gas stations used to give away in the 1970s I think. On the second photo on top the Ford item might be a model A or T hub cover not sure? If you know post away. 8) Below the Ford item have what is probably a large iron spoon or ladle handle. Then maybe a butchers knife? Have a nice rim-fire cartridge also, maybe a 45 didn't measure. Also have some twisted up brass with incremented markings which maybe from a scale is my guess. Thanks for looking and happy hunts!

CARM

Attachments

• 3_14_2012 M.B.T. wheat n token.jpg
    3_14_2012 M.B.T. wheat n token.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 416
  • 3_14_2012 p2 M.B.T. relics.JPG
    3_14_2012 p2 M.B.T. relics.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 443
Upvote 0
:hello: :icon_thumleft: Wow !!!! Great finds !!! Love the Anchor Button !!!!!!! Could you post a better closeup ? Thanks.

sure thing, KYFB 8)

Attachments

• 3_14_2012 anchor b close.JPG
    3_14_2012 anchor b close.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 368
:icon_thumright: great score !

Those rectangle piece with the slit in them are probablt reeds from a harminica.
CoinandRelicMan said:
Am really starting to like the new site. Especially after the short run of buttons. Found all three buttons within a short period of time. Get the feeling all of them are old but the one with anchor is of one piece construction making me think that ones possibly even older. If anyone has some knowledge of the approx ages of these buttons chime in please. The wheat penny is a 1916 plain. The president token coin is something some gas stations used to give away in the 1970s I think. On the second photo on top the Ford item might be a model A or T hub cover not sure? If you know post away. 8) Below the Ford item have what is probably a large iron spoon or ladle handle. Then maybe a butchers knife? Have a nice rim-fire cartridge also, maybe a 45 didn't measure. Also have some twisted up brass with incremented markings which maybe from a scale is my guess. Thanks for looking and happy hunts!

CARM

shinkus said:
Those rectangle piece with the slit in them are probablt reeds from a harminica.
Yes I am familiar with them but thanks for mentioning that. Some other readers might not be. Also noticed that one of the reed sets is made of much thicker different looking metal than I am used to retrieving, perhaps it is a much older one?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back