Military Road

Arkie John

Feb 8, 2007
Hot Springs, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250; Explorer; Excalibur II
Military Road Information: Here's what I'd do.

The Arkansas History Commission is located behind the State Capitol at Little Rock, on the same grounds. It is a great place to find the information you will need.

They have, on file for you to copy, old, old maps from the civil war era.

When you get there, you'll just fill out a card that lets them know who you are. Then you'll have to snag some assistance. Don't be shy because they are! It seems they are not willing to bend over backwards to assist, even though it is their job.

Find an assistant that is older; maybe they have been there longer and know more.

They have an excellent collection. Tell them what you are looking for and ask if you can see/copy certain maps. Some of these maps were drawn by the yanks during the civil war. They are not always accurate but they give you an idea of where to go.

I have taken these old maps and compared them to modern topo maps, using triangulation if possible, to find what I'm looking for.

It's been a while but I remember in my research, there were five military roads leading out of Little Rock and to all parts of the state. Have fun!!

I wish you the best. <><

aj

fireman7115

Jan 14, 2008
arkansas
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
I have several friends from that area (I am from the other end of the county) but I will ask and see if any of them know anything.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread