Military Stripes? & Ol Faithful Haul...

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Military Stripes? & Ol' Faithful Haul...

Hey all,,,
I made it out to the cache site on Sat for an hour, or so... Only thing I pulled from there besides trash were these Military Stripes? The metal in the center is like pot metal, is that what they call pewter? The ends are covered with brass, and the stripes seem to have been made with a nylon, or heavy plastic material... The stripes themselfs were Red, White , and Blue, I believe...
Any info you give me on these would be greatly appreciated...
On Sunday, We, DaveDigs & I, went back to one of our favorite sites, "Ol' Faithful"? Dave walked away with about 10 Wheaties, and a couple of Mercury dimes. He's smok'n the end of year with the silver finds. I found my 5th Barber dime for the year. It's not in to good of shape, but it's silver, so I'll take it... ;D I also found (3) wheat's, 42, 44, 44D, and somekind of " Skill Award" token as in-scripted on the obverse along with a big letter "M". The reverse reads," This token has no cash or trade value"... Any info on this would be great also...

I see some of ya had a fantastic weekend, hope I have the time to reply to some of the post...
Good luck & happy hunting~

Attachments

• Recent.jpg
    Recent.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 302
Upvote 0

renegade_7

Jun 10, 2004
Missouri
Re: Military Stripes? & Ol' Faitful Haul...

Can't help with the stripes but the Barber looks like it's been around. Nice find though.

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Re: Military Stripes? & Ol' Faithful Haul...

Looks like it was a barber weekend. :) Saw another couple posts of barber finds and we found one as well. Yes, barbers in any condition are sweet. You must have a good old spot to hunt. Now...what would you rather have, two mercs or a barber?

Anyway, good finds and glad you enjoyed the weekend. I know we did.

Bob

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very nice finds Leon!!

Nana ;)

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice!

hh

lonewolfe

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very nice finds Leon! The military rank insignia looks like corporal stripes,the fourth rank given to enlisted men in a leadership position, and I'm not familiar with it after being around the military for 20+ years, it may be old. Nice finds and congrats on the silver, Mike

R

rvbvetter

? ? ? Very nice finds!!? ? Don't really know anything on the stripe, cool though. The pewter I've seen before, appeared to have the consistancy of silver but with more of a dull grey color.
? From this one and the other posts, it sounds like Barbers must be coming into season.? ?I better go down and get my license before I miss out again.? ? ? ? ?WTG!!!? ? ? ? ?HH

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250

awesome stuff as always leon!

OP
OP
Leon

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d

Thanks all,,,
And thanks for the info guys... The metal in the center of the insignia is what I always called pot metal,,, something like cast aluminum, or what a lawnmower engine is made of... I love this hobby, ya just learn so much. I tried searching the web hoping to find something like it, just to get an idea of the date of it... I'll keep it in the misc. box for now and maybe someday I'll run across one like it... Congrats on your Barber!, Mirage
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread