Millionair?

King-John

Jan 14, 2007
Grass Valley, Ca.
Detector(s) used
E-Trac/X1 Probe, Whites 6000 XL pro, Ace 250,
It is amazing the amount of coins people DISCARD or LOOSE at parks, schools, beach, etc.
If you were able to collect ever coin from these sites in one state would you be a millionair?
I was able to get out the other day and do a little detecting ;D and this the results was hoping for some older coins other then the two wheeties no luck, no silver.
1001618ia7.jpg

Upvote 0

RonNewbie

Jan 14, 2007
Oklahoma City, OK
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, MXT
Great finds and a great observation. I recently read that more coinage has been lost in the world than there is in circulation today. I'm not sure if that's entirely true but I'm sure there's a lot of coins waiting to be found in virtually any city, farm or beach anywhere in the world.

Thanks for sharing your pics...

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the hourly wage and gas $ to find them all would kill you though. ;D

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
It is amazing how much money you can find laying around that people have dropped and not picked up. Could be that people don't want to bend over for penny?? I pick up every coin on the ground that I can. I think it would be very tough to be a millionaire from coins in parks, beaches, etc. It would be possible, but it might take a very long time.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RON (PA) said:
It is amazing how much money you can find laying around that people have dropped and not picked up. Could be that people don't want to bend over for penny?? I pick up every coin on the ground that I can. I think it would be very tough to be a millionaire from coins in parks, beaches, etc. It would be possible, but it might take a very long time.

Ron,
It's funny. I used to never pick up pennies on the ground if I saw them, but now that I metal detect, I do.
I know how hard it is to dig a penny up in the field, so I keep thinking I'm finding a treasure when I see one laying in say a parking lot. :-) My wife of course thinks I'm nuts. :-[

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt! There is a lot of money in the ground. HH, Mike

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I often think about that too. You know that everywhere you look, there's something to be found! You just wonder how much is down there!!

HH,
Moon

Eddy1H

Dec 17, 2006
Rockwall Texas
Detector(s) used
Cz20, Cz6a, 1212X, Minelab, Muskateer Advantage Whites, XLT, Surf PI, Garrett TR
That is a true statement, and I have been working on being a millionair for many years at many Texas parks, but never really realized it till now thanks for the enlightenment fella , as a matter of fact I will have to count my loose change I have found and see just how close I am, I will get back with ya and let ya know. LOL
Eddy

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have gotten my self out of several jams over the years by cashing in the change I've found. It's a great hobby and sometimes you get lucky.

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read somewhere that there are more coins lost in the ground then in circulation.

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually am working on my second million at this time (I gave up on the first)!!! LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread