Lake Hamilton Florida 33851
Detector(s) used
Excall 2 w/Anderson shaft ...
Minelab CTX 3030 ...
Minelab GT
here is what i have

Minelab SE....1 rechargeable battery 9.6v 1600 mAH

(2) Excall 1000's....3 rechargeable battery packs.....A, B, C,

Greenlee DM-20 Multitester...i am an idiot becuase i dont even know if i used this right

(2) Excall chargers A, B...

1 SE charger....

my whole reason in checking this was because the other day at Wabasso....(and i am new to all this, compared to some of you guys that have been doing it for years and years) my excall was acting up giving me a tone as soon as i opened threshold steady constant tone...i switched out batteries to no avail...finally borrowed one of my hunting partner Jims batteries and went back to hunting..

SE charger gives me a 19.95 reading when checked with the setting V--- (V with topline solid and dash line bottom)
SE battery gives me a 10.62 reading when checked with the setting at 9V battery

So i am thinking my SE charger and battery is OK..

Excall charger A gives me a declining reading starting at 10.52 and goes down into the 9.00 checked with V setting as above

Excall charger B gives me a reading at 19.42 and fluctuates a little checked with V setting as above

Excall battery A gave me a reading of 11.17 when checked with the setting at 9V battery

Excall battery B gave me a reading of 13.98 when checked with the setting at 9V battery

Excall battery C gave me a reading of 13.73 when checked with the setting at 9V battery

I then recharged battery A with charger B for 2 hours and my new reading was 13.81

so i am guessing that my excall charger A is bad...does anyone agree with this....i am just looking for a way to check my batteries before heading to the beach...BTW for what i know this Greenlee seems to be a pretty good way to check battery level....ooo if it matters...all of this equipment has less then 10 hours of use since new..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread