Minelab CTX 3030 tomorrow.

ringking76

Jul 8, 2014
knoxville area
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP,Minelab CTX 3030 and Tesoro Golden Umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm getting a CTX tomorrow a.m.,any advice on what program I should start out with.I would appreciate any advice I can get on the machine.This is my 1st Minelab I've been using the Garrett AT Pro for 3yrs now.I know this is a totally different machine.YouTube has helped some but nothing specific.
Thanks,Greg

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I think you are in the wrong place …You want to drop down to BRANDS and go into MINELAB then you will get some answers..

OP
OP
ringking76

ringking76

Jul 8, 2014
knoxville area
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP,Minelab CTX 3030 and Tesoro Golden Umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think you are in the wrong place …You want to drop down to BRANDS and go into MINELAB then you will get some answers..

I did

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are not worthy of the minelab CTX 3030. When you can snatch this peeble from my hand you will know the answer.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moved to Minelab forum

Posted From My $50 Tablet....

“A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”
― James Madison

The Constitution of the United States of America

MD'erStEvO

Feb 16, 2015
Vicenza (Military)
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 11" Coil, Bounty Hunter Platinum Edition, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Constitution!!!!!!

Treasure_Hunter,
I stand by the Constitution and fight for our Freedoms!!! I like your signature block with that quote from the Constitution!! Airborne & Air Assault!!!

MD'erStEvO

lcollins

Oct 29, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705 and CTX 3030. Garrett Pro Pointer and Garrett AT pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All depends on what you are looking for but I look for coins so when I first started the ctx out of the box. Coin mode, auto ground balance, separation high trash, volume gain 26, for me it was easier at the start to use 4 tones co. You can tweak the other many settings as you learn the machine. You will need to download the 3030 manual and print it if you are ever going to figure it out. Otherwise you will get pretty frustrated real fast. There is a lot to learn but you can start easy with some of the factory settings and learn the machine as you go. Believe me there is a lot to learn and I am sure I will be still learning the 3030 for some time. I'm sure others will chime in with their own opinions.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread