MINELAB EXPLORER 2

stasys

Jun 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer xs
when you switch explorer on you have to see some date in begining. dont worry about parts if its work OK and was not dropped like brick.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might want to worry about parts. Minelab will not fix an Explorer XS, so it's quite likely they won't work on a II either. All the XS needed was a housing!

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IP is right, they fixed my explorer II last winter, but its just a matter of time before they stop working on them. :coffee2:

stasys

Jun 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer xs
Iron Patch said:
You might want to worry about parts. Minelab will not fix an Explorer XS, so it's quite likely they won't work on a II either. All the XS needed was a housing!
but on all explorers housing is the same? and why to send detector to most expensive cervis- Minelab , then you can find dealer or expert who can do it? :dontknow:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stasys said:
Iron Patch said:
but on all explorers housing is the same? and why to send detector to most expensive cervis- Minelab , then you can find dealer or expert who can do it? :dontknow:

I know, I'm just passing on what someone was told a few days ago by Minelab. It sounds like Minelab is not worried about helping old customers, they'd rather people throw there old units in the garbage and buy new ones. I'm guessing even a dealer might have a hard time getting a housing.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone who is in the Repair buisness needs
to do this with Detectors :wink:

Especially for FBS & BBS Detectors,
which when Broken in, Become Extended
Body parts. :laughing7:

Stoystown-PA-junkyard-1-May-2006.jpg

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
That's the reason i will not buy another Minelab............. They don't want to repair just sell......

stasys

Jun 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer xs
agree with you all, but in the marked we have second hand explorers, milions. no point to knock to Minelabe door.
you all can agree with me explorers is exceptional, lets use it with joy and remember people who designed this detector in 1999 :hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread