Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Minelab Explorer II vs White's DFX

I own the EXP II. Both the EXP II and DFX are top of the line quality machines. The choice is which you will feel more comfortable with. I do know that I can use the EXP II anywhere and get good results, it chooses the frequency base on the target. The results are still out for the DFX,s ability to get as good of results with dual frequencies. The EXP II does have quite a bit of a learning curve but so do most top line units. This is because they have more features or options. Either way you go you should get good results from your detecting efforts.

Ed Donovan

relikhunter

Jul 17, 2006
S.E. kansas
Detector(s) used
whites dfx garrett gtp 1350

Never had exp II,but had quattro didn't care for it at all.To much nulling and 2 long in getting back to hunting after a null.Got a dfx,been the best detector i could ever hope for it will adjust to anywhere or any way you hunt wouldn't trade mine for anything.......

D

dfx_maui

When I heard of metal detecting the first brand I knew off was Radio Shack. Well I was interested in doing metal detecting but I was not going to buy a Radio Shack brand ;D. Then next time my interest got piqued was when I saw the White's TV ad. That was a few years ago but still I didn't buy one. A couple weeks ago I finally made the move to purchase a metal detector and I ended up with a White's DFX. I was going to purchase it online but when I saw the shipping prices I got apprehensive in the purchase. But when I saw on the White's website that there is a local dealer in my state, I called him up. The local dealer was friendly and experienced in metal detecting and he knew how to close the deal with me. I got free shipping, no sales tax, a free pinpointer, and free advice anytime he was available and not metal detecting (via landline or email). I purchased a couple more coils from him and a few more accessories at some pretty good discounts. My point in say all this is that a metal detector can be all this and that but if the before, during, and after the sales service is not of top notch quality, a metal detector is just that, a metal detector.

White's has a very good warranty and repair service. I've heard that the US military used the White's metal detectors to search for ordinances on an island here in Hawaii that was used as a bomb target island. Well I've had my DFX for less than a month but I can tell it is built well and every time I go out with it, I find something either clad coins or scrape metal. It is easy to use but when my experience builds up, I can tweak the unit to find even more items of interest. Mi dos centavos.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread