Minelab Explorer Se users

dhearn

Jan 3, 2012
Sallisbury MD
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just bought a Explorer SE pro yesterday, I cant wait to try this machine out. Ive never owned a Minelab before. I'm interested in hearing some tips about using this machine. would like to know what setting some of you like to use. I would appriciate any advise that could be given. I have notice that you have to sweep alot slower with this machine compared to my F75. Thanks in advanced for any help.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

Just bought a Explorer SE pro yesterday, I cant wait to try this machine out. Ive never owned a Minelab before. I'm interested in hearing some tips about using this machine. would like to know what setting some of you like to use. I would appriciate any advise that could be given. I have notice that you have to sweep alot slower with this machine compared to my F75. Thanks in advanced for any help.

did the instructions come with it? Start with the pre-sets, and go from there.

One thing you might try, if the flooty-tooty sounds drive you nuts, is this: Discriminate out everything, by blacking out everything on the screen (by your manual scrolling black-out tool) EXCEPT just about 1/5 of the far upper right hand corner. In that way, you've knocked out everything except, say, copper pennies, quarters, and up. Go out to a spot prolific with clad, and dig that way for a few hours. THEN lower it to start to accept zinc, and try another few hours in the clad zone. THEN lower it down to accept square tabs, etc.. Keep lowering it down a notch or so, every few hours (or every other day out), till finally you've got only iron blocked out. By doing so, you'll train your ears to hear the different conductivity scales slowly, rather than the barrage of sounds all at once.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread