Minelab Explorer verses whites v3i

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
white's will out shine that mine lab for sure
no contest

recondigger

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2012
Western New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
garrett at4 beach hunter, bounty hunter,CZ-5,CZ-7, Minelab EXP SE, Garrett ACE-150, E-Trac, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
which 1 would you pick? I like the simplisty of Whites, however, I think minelab has way better specs. Please share your voice. I am totally new to them both. Thanks for all who assist.

Well depends on how much you detect and what kind of detecting you do. The minelab in my opinion would be the better of the 2

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't see the simplicity of the whites, quite the contrary, the whites is complex .. Now on the question on which detector would be better I personally have no experience with the minelab but I can tell you that the v3i is a great detector even if it is VERY complicated.

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IF you have no clue, or experience, unless you are filthy rich, get a mid priced detector instead. The tesro tejon gets a lot of good reviews. I have a v3i, very nice, but pricey and quite sophisticated.

TrinityBigfoot

Aug 20, 2012
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Gold Bug II, Whites TRX Pointpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought the Whites V3i. It was hard to learn at first. Now that I have had it a month it works pretty good. I haven't even fully learned it yet, but working with the presets has resulted in some pretty good finds. The V3i has so many settings and functions I likely will be testing them for the next year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread