Minelab Go-Find 60 Review and Comments

DennisNJ

Nov 13, 2014
Atco, NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
White Coinmaster 5000d Series 2 (Vintage)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:thumbsup: (I also have a Garrett AT Pro)

Today, Jan 20th, 2016 I just received my Minelab Go-Find 60.

I travel a lot from NJ to Florida, and this Go-Find 60 looks so inviting. I have been working to find a sound app for my AT Pro, then I saw https://youtu.be/55PGL6-JZno a smartphone app for the go-find 40 and 60. Love the App and it sealed my thoughts on buying this detector. The price is right.

The box was very light and of course I was excited to open it. I knew it was plastic when I ordered it and I did watch several videos and read several reviews. It's not your standard plastic but a hard but lightweight plastic. It was easy to open to full length and put the batteries into it. Because of the plastic, it looks cheap, but remember cheap is a perspective. The display is clear as ever and super easy to use the few controls/buttons. The handle feels like it could easily break with constant use. (Just a thought)

When learning my AT Pro, I made up over 50 test packets. I used blank 5x5 cardboard DVD mailers. Inside each I put a different object, variety of coins, tabs, nails, washers, silver coins, etc. Then I wrote on each what was inside on the back cover of the DVD mailer. Yes, I know there is no "Halo" effect, I just wanted accurate readings. Silver, Coins and Junk.

The Go-Find 60 doesn't display VDI numbers like the AT Pro, it has a nice bright picture of one of the four possibilities. Trash/Nails, Foil/Pennies, Tabs/Gold/Rings/Coins and Silver/Coins/Caches. The Go-Find 60 correctly displayed all the test objects.

I bought the Smartphone Android Minelab Go-Find 40/60 app ($30). I did read there were phones, mostly older phones that didn't work with this app. My Samsung Note 4 phone worded fine once the two devices were paired. (Got to try my Samsung Galaxy tablet and see if that works too. I like teck stuff.) I set the tone to siren when Silver was located the others to tones I liked on the app. (Now, I got to bring a spare battery pack for my phone because I am sure constant use will quickly drain my phone battery.)

At this time I am not at all disappointed in my purchase. It's not an up grade, nor a down grade, or a side grade. It has its own purpose like a gold detector does. The GF 60 runs 7.5 hz and my AT Pro runs 6.5 hz. Because of it's weight and fold-ability, it will travel when I do. I will still need a digging device and a pin-pointer to make the detecting easier.

Also If I want to go detecting with a friend, I have a spare detector. All is good.

OP
OP
DennisNJ

DennisNJ

Nov 13, 2014
Atco, NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
minelab-go-find-60-photo-review-08.jpg go-find-metal-detector.jpg SmartPhoneApp.jpg
minelab-go-find-20-40-60-02.png minelab-go-find-20-40-60-01.png
1) POWER SWITCH (ON/OFF)
2) EAR BUDS OUTPUT
3) SENSITIVITY Increase for more detecting depth. You may need to decrease this if there is high noise interference or false signals.
4) PINPOINT (GO‑FIND 40/60 only) Determine the exact location of a target.
5) VOLUME
6) BACKLIGHT (GO‑FIND 40/60 only)
7) FIND MODE Detect and reject metal objects.
8) DEPTH INDICATION Shallow | Medium | Deep
9) TREASURE VIEW LED Red and green LEDs help you quickly identify treasure from trash. (GO‑FIND 40/60 only)
10) FIND ICONS (x 4)
11) BATTERY LEVEL
12) BLUETOOTH (GO‑FIND 40/60 only) AUDIO OUTPUT 1/8″ connector with speaker at rear.

Last edited:

NC Digger

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2015
Gaston County, NC
Detector(s) used
Safari, Excal2, CTX, Nox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the write up and pictures! Looks like something we might have to get once the granddaughter get to the age to go detecting!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice job Dennis!!! :occasion14:

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
That is a good review. I agree with all you have said except that I don't have the app.

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumleft: Good write up. It's an interesting machine, and I'll look forward to your follow-up performance review.

The only thing that I question is your comment at the end, where you said that your ATP runs 6.5kHz? AFAIK, the ATP runs 15kHz, and the ATG is 18kHz.

OP
OP
DennisNJ

DennisNJ

Nov 13, 2014
Atco, NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
By the way, the Smartphone App also works with my Samsung Tablet. It's a huge clear picture. If working to teach kids, this app would be helpful walking along side of them helping them learn the GF40/60.

For Kids, the GF40 would seem better because it is easier and cheaper. No more VDI guessing.

And Yes, the AT Pro is 15kHZ not 6.5 as I mention earlier.

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice write up. I wish you good luck with your detector. I like the concept of the machine. I had to chuckle when I saw their iron example is "horseshoes" and everything is plural.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread