Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
BruceHuffington said:
I came across a minelab GP 3000 for $1700.oo. Is that a good deal? Is there a reason this model is discontinued? Someone on here must have some advice for me. Thanks whoever you may be.
I see one on E bay now with a starting bid of $1000.00

OP
OP
BruceHuffington

BruceHuffington

Feb 13, 2006
So-Cal
Detector(s) used
Minelab GP3000
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah... I saw that too. With my luck I will get out bid in the last 2 seconds. There is another one on Ebay that is in Australia for $1735.oo US plus shipping. The one I am lookin at says..... "Detector is in good condition and comes with 2 coils, 2 lower rods and the Coiltek Pocket Rocket lightweight Battery System". Sounds good to me however I am no detector expert. Would anyone else like to comment?

Thanks

OP
OP
BruceHuffington

BruceHuffington

Feb 13, 2006
So-Cal
Detector(s) used
Minelab GP3000
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since no one said "HELL NO ! "... I went ahead and pulled the trigger... ;D

Celebrate.... Have a shot \=/ \=/ \=/

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear BruceHuffington;
I have a GP3000 and it's a good machine, but if this is your first Minelab PI machine I'd shop around for a used SD2100, because they are less complicated to set up and use and the performance of the GP3K is not really much more than the SD2100, which I also own and use.

I've recently seen new a new SD2100v2 selling for 1,198.95$ online from a reputable dealer, which is a bargain.
Your friend;
LAMAR

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I saw that on Kellyyco also thought it was a pretty good deal............

OP
OP
BruceHuffington

BruceHuffington

Feb 13, 2006
So-Cal
Detector(s) used
Minelab GP3000
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now you tell me ! !

oh well.... I have a GP3000 sitting here... at least it came with a bunch of extra stuff and a guy that says he will show me how to use it.. I talked the guy down a bit so it probably evens out after tax and shipping (trying to be positive here)

- huffington

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
If you got a lesson on how to use it that is worth something.........I have a copy of the dvd for the GP 3000 here if you want it no charge............

OP
OP
BruceHuffington

BruceHuffington

Feb 13, 2006
So-Cal
Detector(s) used
Minelab GP3000
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Jim_K,

Thanks for the offer on the DVD. The guy that sold me the detector gave me one with his "package deal" so I should be good to go. I haven't watched it yet but will soon... probably a few times... I read the instructions and it doesn't seem too bad... The first instruction I received didn't seem too bad either... I will be going out early next month with the guy that sold it to me for some real hands on.

- huffington

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread