Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: MINELAB GPX5000 USERS. And "Want-to-be" users. **Updated

I have to agree with most here , the cost of the 5000 is just to high for all but a very few . They have taken it just about completely out of the market for most around the world. It may be one of the best in the world but it does not matter if you have to take out a loan to buy it.

As I see it only company's will buy this unit . And that is most likely why it is priced like it is.

OP
OP
Woodland Detectors

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

grampa said:
how would an E-trac fare next to a GPX5000? depth-wise...etc? have any side by sides been done as of yet?
I also own the Etrac. It is my "go to" machine in most cases.

The GPX4800 and GPX-5000 are way more dominant. That's the truth.

AUS JON

Tenderfoot
Sep 9, 2007

Hi Minelab users
I have used a gpx 4500 from when they were first released they are a good detector have found a lot of gold with it.A friend lent me his gpx 5000 for 2 weeks when he went on holidays.I was surprised how quiet and stable they ran,I went back to a lot of ground where we had previous found gold.The results was good I could not believe at the depth I was digging small pieces at ,after 2 weeks ended up with 14 grams .I now use a 5000 and are very happy with it. ::

godigit1

Greenie
Jan 12, 2011
Placerville CA
Detector(s) used
New Gold bug Minelab Sd 2200v2 Tersoro Sand Shark Whites Gm 3

I just bought a used SD2200v2 and wow this thing is great I can only imagine how great the Gp series is. But it will be a long time or that one great nugget that will have to come before I can afford one. If all you want a Gpx for is relic hunting I would suggest a older model. Their very deep but just don't have all the bells and whistles and I picked mine up for $675 with enough extras to cover the price of the detector alone. And From what I have been reading they are just as deep as the Gpx series but not quite as sensitive or stable. Ive only had it out a couple times so far to test it but its deep and sensitive enough to pick up a small copper boot nail at 5 inches no problem.
Food for thought.
HH

txred9876

Jun 24, 2011

AUS JON said:
Hi Minelab users
I have used a gpx 4500 from when they were first released they are a good detector have found a lot of gold with it.A friend lent me his gpx 5000 for 2 weeks when he went on holidays.I was surprised how quiet and stable they ran,I went back to a lot of ground where we had previous found gold.The results was good I could not believe at the depth I was digging small pieces at ,after 2 weeks ended up with 14 grams .I now use a 5000 and are very happy with it. ::

My husband and I are heading out to prospect full time. We close on our house next week, have the camp trailer all ready...just waiting on closing to buy a gpx5000. Thank you for your input on this machine (and everyone on the forum). I cannot wait to do this...we are excited like children waiting for Christmas morning!!

Tina

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other

I'm a Minelab lover, and think the GPX series is by far some of there best machines offered, and the fact your offering the coiltek make even more tempting

So......I was thinking about a GPX for the winter beach's when I retire but have worries of a mishap near the salt water. Fresh water, I have read you can get away with a very short blast of water..but salt water is a killer to electronic. I only know of a few that use there TDI's, and one with a GPX 5000 at the ocean. None can say they have got anymore then the hunters with a regular PI and VLF's. I do know location, conditions, timing can play a big part in the out come, But can anyone you know or on the forum show me the payoff of using one at a Ocean beach. Wet or Dry sand.....Thanks.....

MercMan

Sep 15, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Excalibur II

Anyone know of a dealer in the usa that rents the GPX series? If I am going to drop this kind of coin on a machine I would really like to test drive one first.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread