New E-Trac

King-John

Jan 14, 2007
Grass Valley, Ca.
Detector(s) used
E-Trac/X1 Probe, Whites 6000 XL pro, Ace 250,
Well I finally did it, I got the E-Trac yesterday, got a chance to get out today and give it a work out, man do I need to learn all over again, keep getting this high pitch sound of a good coin, but only read 12-37, every one that was close to this reading ended up a Screw Cap, Did manage to pull 4 Quarters, 1 Dime and about 10 copper pennies.
Any of you west coast hunters willing to share some settings, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks John

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
Congrats on your new detector. Give it time and you will do well. I have one and I find more each time I go out. Good luck :thumbsup:

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
King-John said:
Well I finally did it, I got the E-Trac yesterday, got a chance to get out today and give it a work out, man do I need to learn all over again, keep getting this high pitch sound of a good coin, but only read 12-37, every one that was close to this reading ended up a Screw Cap, Did manage to pull 4 Quarters, 1 Dime and about 10 copper pennies.
Any of you west coast hunters willing to share some settings, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks John
Call me. I'll hook you up

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My bet is if you put a silver quarter or half dollar under your coil you will discover the sound you are referring to. The E Trac will scream at you. Try it, you will like it, everytime you hear it!

Ed D.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions