Minelab service

gambler13

May 27, 2010
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Xterra 705
Sent Xterra 705 to Minelab for various issues. They rec'd it 11/10. I rec'd the repaired unit 11/18. Quick backyard test shows unit seems to working correctly, will follow-up with field testing later. Emails were answered fairly quickly and return time for unit was fast. After all of the negative comments about Minelab service on these forums, I hope this is an indication of Minelab's improving customer service and repairs.

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hope you're right.

Minelab has a history of this: customer service sliding badly, which they then improve for awhile and get everyone feeling good about them, only to let it slide again.

kando

Nov 14, 2008
,U.S.A. almost in Canada
Detector(s) used
....Tesoro conquistador , minelab sovereign
Smudge said:
I hope you're right.

Minelab has a history of this: customer service sliding badly, which they then improve for awhile and get everyone feeling good about them, only to let it slide again.
That what i said they seem to be great in the service............. Then BAM they go for a time were they stink ........... then great,, then stink..........back & forth... back & forth.......... they have been running like that for about 4 years now...................... Not a good thing...........

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woodland Detectors said:
New VP guys.

He is doing a great job with turning that around for good. :icon_thumright:

I agree, he is trying hard to improve things..... :icon_thumright:

Jaichim24

Jul 28, 2010
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish I could say the same thing. Minelab received my Explorer SE on Feb 5th, with a very detailed letter explaining the problems I was having as well as some things I wanted a quote for. I've called once a week to follow up, and it wasn't until last week that they said they had finally started looking at it.

I have not heard back from them since.

To be fair, when I first called to ask about returning for service, I believe they said the turn time would be around 6-8 weeks. When I called 2 weeks ago they upgraded that to only being a 3-4 week turn.

This Saturday will be the 4th week, no call yet from the techs to review what repair work may need to be done. So perhaps their original estimate will hold true. Thankfully the NE has been buried with snow, and I wouldn't even be able to detect the woods as I usually do during the winter.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jaichim24 said:
Wish I could say the same thing. Minelab received my Explorer SE on Feb 5th, with a very detailed letter explaining the problems I was having as well as some things I wanted a quote for. I've called once a week to follow up, and it wasn't until last week that they said they had finally started looking at it.

To be fair, when I first called to ask about returning for service, I believe they said the turn time would be around 6-8 weeks. When I called 2 weeks ago they upgraded that to only being a 3-4 week turn.

This Saturday will be the 4th week, no call yet from the techs to review what repair work may need to be done. So perhaps their original estimate will hold true. Thankfully the NE has been buried with snow, and I wouldn't even be able to detect the woods as I usually do during the winter.

Last week they started working on it and they said turn around is 3-4 week correct? Based on that I would say you have 2-3 weeks, but you can call to verify.

Jaichim24

Jul 28, 2010
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
Jaichim24 said:

Last week they started working on it and they said turn around is 3-4 week correct? Based on that I would say you have 2-3 weeks, but you can call to verify.

I asked the same thing, but the Customer Service person told me specifically, "No, 3-4 weeks from when we received it" I said, so that means it should be done by next week, and she said yes. I'll place a follow up call at some point this week.

I'm getting concerned because she told me they just started looking at it. I don't think they'd order parts or do repairs until I gave the green light, but that's all I can think of for them not calling to tell me what they found wrong with the unit.

Jaichim24

Jul 28, 2010
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab called today, I spoke with a tech named Darren, I was very pleased with the conversation. They had been looking at it, but had wanted another one of their experts to call me to go over what problems I was experiencing. He's going to be giving me a call later today with a quote. So, thank you Minelab!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jaichim24 said:
Minelab called today, I spoke with a tech named Darren, I was very pleased with the conversation. They had been looking at it, but had wanted another one of their experts to call me to go over what problems I was experiencing. He's going to be giving me a call later today with a quote. So, thank you Minelab!

Glad it is looking up.....Hang in there..... :icon_thumright:

ML management is trying hard to improve their image.....People forget there is only one ML repair center in the country, sure it would be nice if it was larger or had a couple locationsl, but it is what it is.......

We could use 3 more techs where I work, but company will not hire more, nor authorize OT, and I work in a customer service enviroment..... The economy dictates what management can and will do....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions