Minelab sues Deus

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Lol Minelab is suffering from loss of sales because everybody is buying Deus lol Deus is number one and they cant stand it I guess lol

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My understanding from a person knowledgable in the matter is that XP found the pain of settlement to be less than the risk/pain of continuing the case. They had advice that the patent could be broken but they made their own business decision to settle.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol Minelab is suffering from loss of sales because everybody is buying Deus lol Deus is number one and they cant stand it I guess lol

Bingo. And it get's even worse ;) ... I was going to buy the Equinox, but after paying attention for a whole, I think the Makro Multi Kruzer looks better! And I really knew nothing of this brand before 2 weeks ago. Good chance I won't own a Minelab soon... and I'm very happy about that! Never liked that company.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I do not believe Minelab is suffering. Info below is from The 2017 annual report of Codan, the parent company of Minelab.

"In FY17, Minelab revenue increased 49% to $148.0 million, and segment profit increased 106% to $61.5 million."

The Annual report for 2018 will be even higher with the new release of the Equinox and continued high sales of the Gold Monster 1000.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

This is definitely lol as it is ridiculously not true.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My understanding from a person knowledgable in the matter is that XP found the pain of settlement to be less than the risk/pain of continuing the case. They had advice that the patent could be broken but they made their own business decision to settle.

I only hope that doesn't turn out to be a short-sighted decision.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread