Minelab vanquish now for sale

Andy Nunez

Nov 19, 2015
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540 or Garrett Ace 400 with a Cors Cannon coil and Z-lynk, Predator Piranha shovel, White's TRX pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, so do I, the question now is....when? :)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vanquish is entry level to compete with other entry entry level detectors. I own multiple Minelabs, they make great detectors. Just wanted members to be aware it has no Auto or Manual ground balance., in mild soil it want matter, in med to high mineralized soil it could be a problem.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vanquish is entry level to compete with other entry entry level detectors. I own multiple Minelabs, they make great detectors. Just wanted members to be aware it has no Auto or Manual ground balance., in mild soil it want matter, in med to high mineralized soil it could be a problem.

TH - absolutely you were right to point that out, and yes it will have limitations, just like any entry level detector. I was just pointing out to Keppy that doesn’t mean it won’t sell well. It should sell as well or better than any fixed ground balance machine and those machines like the ACE series sell like hot cakes vs. the higher end machines because their low price and relatively decent performance under most conditions despite limited features like fixed GB.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TH - absolutely you were right to point that out, and yes it will have limitations, just like any entry level detector. I was just pointing out to Keppy that doesn’t mean it won’t sell well. It should sell as well or better than any fixed ground balance machine and those machines like the ACE series sell like hot cakes vs. the higher end machines because their low price and relatively decent performance under most conditions despite limited features like fixed GB.

:icon_thumleft:

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vanquish 540 has really shocked me for its simplicity and what you get for $499 for the pro pack. That both coils are great and that 8” is killer in the woods. So far it purrs like a kitten everywhere i have taken it. Its is a simplified Nox. After allot of hinting with it i will guess its a Nox with recovery on 5. Speed and depth (by listening to the length of the tone) are on par with recovery 5. Just the option of Iron Bias low and high to knock out big iron puts it above most machines not to mention multi IQ. I do wish it had at least a ground grab feature because it will make the wooh wooh noise when pumping the coil just like my Nox will at the factory GB 0. But it does not bother me and the shaft configuration with camlocks is great. Ive been hunting allot of woods and using that 8” coil while the Nox sits at home. I want that coil for the Nox.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I may be wrong here...but I feel Minelab should get on board with the idea of sponsoring youtube channels. They sell loads of machines just on performance alone. I could just imagine if they reached out to some of the bigger channels for more exposure.....especially for the entry level crowd. Heck, Garrett and now Nokta Makro have many paid cheerleaders, why not?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not into pom poms.

Andy Nunez

Nov 19, 2015
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540 or Garrett Ace 400 with a Cors Cannon coil and Z-lynk, Predator Piranha shovel, White's TRX pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, Minelab could do with some US reps like Garrett and White's have. Meanwhile, I got some intel that US deliveries of pre-orders is about 2 weeks away. Not a guarantee, but a likely estimate. Rejoice, rejoice! We have no choice! :)

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, Minelab could do with some US reps like Garrett and White's have. Meanwhile, I got some intel that US deliveries of pre-orders is about 2 weeks away. Not a guarantee, but a likely estimate. Rejoice, rejoice! We have no choice! :)

Whats the point of being on a pre-order list when they have been available for weeks from box stores like cabelas. There is no shortage, nor delay in shipping these to the US, only that ML decided to screw over their dealers by making sure that everyone who wanted to jump onto a V and give it a test ride were long gone before the dealers got a chance to make a sale.

Andy Nunez

Nov 19, 2015
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To support the dealers over the big box stores? I have been dealing with Kellyco for over 30 years. They have earned my business, even if I have to wait. Dick's, Cabelas, etc. have not. YMMV :)

Andy Nunez

Nov 19, 2015
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rumor has it that a couple of US dealers have the Vanquish in stock, apparently. Adorama is listing it as in stock with 2 day shipping and an unnamed dealer in New Jersey is shipping, so keep your fingers crossed all ye who kept the faith with detector dealers instead of big box stores that know nothing about the hobby. :)

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rumor has it that a couple of US dealers have the Vanquish in stock, apparently. Adorama is listing it as in stock with 2 day shipping and an unnamed dealer in New Jersey is shipping, so keep your fingers crossed all ye who kept the faith with detector dealers instead of big box stores that know nothing about the hobby. :)

That's great. So you got some great presale advice from KCo before you made the buy decision on Vanquish. Had gotten some indication they had gotten away from that lately based on second hand info, so I'm glad they are still doing that. But frankly, not sure how much knowledge of the hobby is needed to sell an entry level (though capable) detector, in the first place. Also, many dealers are just drop shipping stuff nowadays and don't necessarily provide that personalized service any more so going with a dealer is no guarantee you'll get service superior to a big box store (in this case I would have rather gotten the detector a month sooner). The Tnet sponsor dealers seem to be the exception to that rule, thankfully. I have had good experiences with those I have dealt with.

Last edited:

Andy Nunez

Nov 19, 2015
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, they dealt with my wife, so not sure what they told her. She upgraded it to the ProPack and was told that would bump the order up a little, so whatever that meant. I have been buying from Kellyco since 1987, so they deliver the goods. I also trust the local Minelab dealer over at the beach, but he is small volume, so figured Kellyco would have it in stock first. My friend who sells Deus and Nokta is reliable, too (I was just detecting with him yesterday). He is selling Simplexes like hotcakes, so I am hoping to make a splash with the Vanquish for a similar price point. The Makro model just looks flimsier to me. I'll post when mine arrives and when I take her for a spin. Have some heavy iron to work through.... :)

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're interested, Amazon has them available now and they arrive between Feb. 5 and 15th depending on which seller you purchase from.

There is two sellers for the 340 and 3 sellers for the 540.

Andy Nunez

Nov 19, 2015
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw that. Well, I guess they're here.

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, they are.

IMO, I would wait until Kellyco has them in stock - that is if you are set on this detector.

Cheers

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Seems like a month ago there were Vanquish reviews on youtube, lol.

Andy Nunez

Nov 19, 2015
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, my wife pre-ordered in December, so I am just waiting for Kellyco to fullfil the pre-order and deliver the goods.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread