minelab woes

history_buff

Feb 10, 2008
sw missouri
Detector(s) used
whites spectrum and fisher f5
Hi Fellow t-netrs,
I recently bought a se a month or so ago.Added a explorer 1050 coil thanks to captn se"s advice which I must say even though I only put in on yesterday quietened the machine and stabilixed it very much...Thanks Dan for the advice..
I must say that even though it is early in the game and I dont plan to give up I am somewhat disapointed in the machine.I havent found much and no older coins as of yet.
I guess I had it in my head that I was going to go into heavily hunted areas and find coins other machines had left behind.Hasnt happened yet.
One of the main drawbacks I have found is in order to achieve dramatic depth which it is definitly capable of you must scale or alleviate your discrimination all togeter.The factory program wont give you anymore depth than anything else.
Thats kinda like throwin the baby out with the bath water isnt it?I mean with my spectrum I discriminated well and achieved decent depth and didnt have to listen to a bzillion signals while doing it.
I guess If I stick with it though from what i have read on tnet if I slow down keep listening to those deep signals I will eventually start picking those good deep targets.
There are 3 things that I would like to find out from other se owners that will help me I think to lessen the learning progress.And shorten the pencil gnawing sequence(lol) :D
1)- i have had several high piched fluty signals that are deep say 7 inches plus that disapear all at once?get your plug cut signals still in the hole,pull out some more dirt and Zip gone into the blue.You guys have any trouble with this?I know dang well it didnt fall in a gopher hole!!!???
2)-on a deep target is the bullseye reliable at all?If is say on deep dime is it still going to be acurate and stay in the upper right hand corner?I know you all say this is a sound machine just wondering how accurate the bullseye realllyyy is.
3)-Theres a setting for either fast,deep ot both.Expermenting I cant really decide which is the best and what situation to use them.Any tips here or just leave it be?
I am heading out in the am west about a hour from here to a civil war camp I used to detect a long time ago.Reaaly looking foreward to putting my new buddy to the test.Its in a field and some deep targets because its been plowed periodicy over the years.Some good stuff came out of there in the past even a 3 dollar gold piece(not me).Its loaded with square nails because it was a permanent camp.My plan is to run a iron mask of around 27 with no disc and dig everything thats not a low tone.Good idear?
Thanks guys and GLH, :icon_sunny:
Don R
sw missouri

Upvote 0

Digger

Mar 24, 2003
Dodge City Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
history_buff

history_buff

Feb 10, 2008
sw missouri
Detector(s) used
whites spectrum and fisher f5
Digger,
No the dee doos are a screw cap nearly everytime.Just a good soft high pitched sound.Rock solid or this one was anyhow.
I found out if you shorten your mast and detect close to your feet it helps a little.They are a monster as far as weight goes.That way your can let your arm relax and hang more..........HH ....Don

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread