Minelabs best customer service options

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He will have to call them, then send the unit back. They will replace whichever assembly it is (main unit, wand, arm cup or coil) and send it back. There isn't really any such thing as fixing electronics anymore. The parts generally just get swapped out. They will not send an entire new unit. And when the 3 years is up, it's up. Warranty goes from original date of purchase and has nothing to do with repairs or lack of repairs. Have him call them in the am.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys, appreciate, it’s not about stem coil issues surprisingly, it’s more about battery , volume I think.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would be very unusual for a battery to go after 2 years. My detector batteries (3) are 5+ years old now and no issues. Although, I suppose the day is coming...

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What’s wrong with your machine truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What?s wrong with your machine truth

They had a triangle on the top of the screen and when I turned it on it would turn off I?ll try to turn it on again and it would turn off I also noticed that it was having problems charging all the way like when I would be Metal Detecting in about a half an hour it would already be down to two bars.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread