The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff....Nice seated dime....You will love that machine, I use two machines and the explorer 2 is one of them .the Deep targets 8 to 10 inches + you will notice the difference....Good luck hunting......Seeker

pgleba

Oct 4, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
Does your camera have a macro feature? I am going to try putting a 10x magnifying glass in front of my camera lense. The macro gives a good picture with some practice. Mine is a 12 megapixel camera. I am still playing with a tripod. My biggest problem is getting even lighting.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pgleba said:
Does your camera have a macro feature? I am going to try putting a 10x magnifying glass in front of my camera lense. The macro gives a good picture with some practice. Mine is a 12 megapixel camera. I am still playing with a tripod. My biggest problem is getting even lighting.

NO actually it Dosn't.
I use a Magnifying Glass & Microsoft Photo Editor.

Lighting & Position of Camera are My Biggest Problems

SomeGuy

Jun 26, 2005
If you have a lot of mega pixels, you can just stand back and crop the image for posting. I did this for an example with MS Paint (because every PC user has it). The GIMP is a much better program, open source (FREE!), but I'm more familiar with Photoshop.

This was taken at moderate zoom from about 3 feet away, with a 2 megapixel camera. More megapixels, or more zoom, would produce a larger image. At this distance, I was able to use the built in flash, and you don't need a macro setting. This really only works for web quality photos, which don't require high resolution; it would make a lousy print.

At macro distance, lighting is a problem. You can use two lamps, one on each side, at 45 deg. angles, but it ain't always easy to set up right. There are other, more complicated methods.

I think the easiest way for most relatively flat items is to just put them on a scanner.

Attachments

• example.JPG
    example.JPG
    13 KB · Views: 818

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread