Mini Medium Highbanker for Midwest Glacial Gold

dpdkld

Jun 28, 2009
Missouri
Well I was browsing ebay for mini highbankers and just wasn't satisfied with what I saw and the prices they had. I have noticed the South Yuba Mining equipment on there and they said they did custom equipment so I sent in an idea I had based off of there 6X36 and 6X24 inch sluices and a leg design I thought was simple to make a highbanker out of. I wanted it to be powered by a 12V 1200 tsunami pump and an emergency jump start pack which will run this sucker longer than I've got time to work in a day. The guys at South Yuba came through and it cost less than half the cost of the gold buddys and other ones on the market. So ya its 6" wide but I've got a 2' hopper and 3' of box to run through with 1/4 classification at the hopper and a foot of 1/8th over deep V matting then the new Gold Hog slow water matting the rest of the way.

Also for Chris who was courious about riffles for Northern Missouri gold I would say small (low profile) if any. My first sluice was this way and worked fine. But after six years of chasing this glacial gold Ive learned that deep V and other vortex or the gold hogg matting I have in my highbanker work great. The best sluice I have is a Prospectors Plus which is 2' long and is 7" wide at the top and tapers to 9" wide at the bottom to slow the water down. It has one riffle at the head and raised expanded the rest of the way over deep V matting of which I added. This sluice setup has been killer for the flour gold....a lot of which I have trouble seeing. There are pickers/nuggets that wil fit through 1/4 inch classification but not 1/8 inch though so I would not classify any smaller 1/4 inch or if you do make sure you pan out the above 1/8 inch minus 1/4 inch cause you might get lucky, I have a couple dozen times at least.

Attachments

• hb 001.jpg
    hb 001.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 507
  • hb.jpg
    hb.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 950
  • hb 002.jpg
    hb 002.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 194
  • hb 004.jpg
    hb 004.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 243
  • hb 003.jpg
    hb 003.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 384
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm glad you are happy with Spencer's work. I don't see how he gets any work done in the summertime, as he lives just ten minutes from prime placer
ground, and on weekends there are plenty of nude chicks swimming in the South Yuba.:laughing9:

Ya that is something, it wont be the last product I get from Spencer for sure. I forgot to add I had him include the flare so i can run the box as a sluice too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back