tomclark

Bronze Member
Dec 18, 2006
Tampa Bay, FL
Detector(s) used
ShadowX2, TEJON, Eyes, Pony Shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Edde, I was thinking the same thing. We find some around here that are cone shaped. But we do find them in the city. Was this find found on a known site or at least with other items nearby? Close to city or out in the sticks? Trash along the river there?
Neat, if I found it on one of the middens I walk then I'd call it an artifact made by indians, excepting the stone doesn't look native to my area.

OP
OP
duffytrash

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
this was found on the river shore in an area ive surface walked for many years....its next to about 5 miles of river bottoms that in the last 15 years has been a golf course....the shore is sandy and stuff come outa there all the time....ive found cup stones-celts-drills-flake knives-lotsa flint ridge stuff-pottery shards-drilled mussel shells and paleo to fort ancient type things....i had a extensive collection that ive traded for marbles and sold to a collector...i refound this in a box where i put it and lost it....lolol...this is a rural area and i dont belive its modern...its polished real well and really differnt......one edge has a differnt angle to the other 2...im gonna take it to the guy in the area thats a collector and see what he sez.......

D

Dc1013

Very interesting whatever it turns out to be thanks for the view
D Capps

tomclark

Bronze Member
Dec 18, 2006
Tampa Bay, FL
Detector(s) used
ShadowX2, TEJON, Eyes, Pony Shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Then I think for sure a killer piece there Duffy! :D

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
Tom , is that you and monster on EDDE's profile?

A

archaeon

HAHAHAHA Hilly Billy! tom has always resembled saddam! LOL! BTW HB, if you have pm'ed me, i can't get them...

Mudonmyshoes

Jul 16, 2008
From the photos it definitely looks like a deburring stone. I worked for an automotive supplier and we used this type of media to clean the parts after they had been heat treated. The "stone" (actually made of ceramic material) was used because of its hardness. We use to let employees take it home for landscaping after it became to small. Hope this helps....Big C

A

archaeon

at first i didn't think it was a deburring stone, but after those pics, it definitely looks like one

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread