Mint condition Revolutionary War 29th Regiment button!

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Got on a short hunt in Montreal on my river spot.

Few minutes into the hunt pulled a small size cannonball which is always a welcome sight.
Little latter 3 halfpenny's (two of which I can ID as George III) .
But the cherry on the cake was without any doubt this absolutely gorgeous Revolutionary War British 29th Regiment of foot button.
What a beauty this thing is! One of my best Rev War buttons without any doubt!

A great little hunt!

Attachments

• DSC_0048.JPG
    DSC_0048.JPG
    608.9 KB · Views: 187
  • DSC_0040.JPG
    DSC_0040.JPG
    812.1 KB · Views: 217
  • DSC_0058__1476236770_70.82.107.120.jpg
    DSC_0058__1476236770_70.82.107.120.jpg
    655.2 KB · Views: 194
Upvote 32

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok Aureus I officially do not like you at all!!!! I am a very jealous pathetic little man who's mad because I'm sitting at my jobsite looking at something that I'm dying to find. I've found a Mass silver, War of 1812 buttons, Spanish silver, 20 shoe buckles and sadly still no Rev War button. That is above all else what I want the most right now. Yours is magnificent. I am in fact no so immature that I won't vote BANNER on that button. It certainly deserves to be up there. If I have to wait years for my first I hope it looks like that. Congrats buddy

Did I mention he's stepping in for me to defend the $1 bet? :)

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did I mention he's stepping in for me to defend the $1 bet? :)

No I believe you neglected to inform me of that....unfortunately for you lol

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So are you saying it's too late? :)

That is precisely what I'm saying my friend. You're gonna have to work for it this season. I know you'll put up a good fight.

OP
OP
Aureus

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ok Aureus I officially do not like you at all!!!! I am a very jealous pathetic little man who's mad because I'm sitting at my jobsite looking at something that I'm dying to find. I've found a Mass silver, War of 1812 buttons, Spanish silver, 20 shoe buckles and sadly still no Rev War button. That is above all else what I want the most right now. Yours is magnificent. I am in fact no so immature that I won't vote BANNER on that button. It certainly deserves to be up there. If I have to wait years for my first I hope it looks like that. Congrats buddy

Haha.Thanks man! Knowing the quality of your finds this is the best compliment I could hope for!

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a banner button for sure, the combination of rarity and condition make it a spectacular find. Congratulations!

ShovelinDave

Jul 11, 2009
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Bandido 2 - umax, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a beauty.... real nice condition to. Seeing all the military buttons. I'm starting to like them even more.

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anton, Anton, Anton...Holy crap dude! What a gorgeous button! I think one would be hard pressed to find a better dug example. The history of that regiment is incredible. You are a lucky guy! Banner for sure!

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you got to be kidding me ! that thing is awesome.

OP
OP
Aureus

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Anton, Anton, Anton...Holy crap dude! What a gorgeous button! I think one would be hard pressed to find a better dug example. The history of that regiment is incredible. You are a lucky guy! Banner for sure!

Thank You!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the great Relic hunt! The button is "perfect", fantastic find! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Aureus

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So, I don't know at the moment how to get deeper access to the history of this regiment (such as being able to cross reference button types with companies and their actions), but at the 1000 foot level this button could have been worn by a soldier participating in the Boston Massacre, or in the Saratoga campaign (which among other things brought the only Rev battle fought in Vermont, with refugees from that area documented to have spent time in my town en route to families in Conn and Mass).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/29th_(Worcestershire)_Regiment_of_Foot#Boston_Massacre. History making stuff.

Maybe it is just my US/Can dual citizenship talking, but I would be much refreshed to see this up top instead of another US gold coin.

I agree with you. The history of this regiment is absolutely crazy. ''In 1768 the 29th along with the 14th Regiment of Foot were sent to Boston, Massachusetts, where on the evening of 5 March 1770, men of the 29th Grenadier Company under the command of Captain Thomas Preston took part in the Boston Massacre. Five colonists died during the riot in front of the Boston customs house. Due to the incident, the regiment earned the nickname the Vein Openers for drawing first blood in the American Revolution. The soldiers involved were tried for murder and were defended by John Adams (who later became President of the United States)''.

Thank You for the info!

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DANG I JUST HAD TO CHIME IN AGAIN ABOUT THIS FANTASTIC REGIMENTAL BUTTON FIND. DIDNT PUT ENOUGH IN MY FIRST COMPLIMENT. DAMN THAT BUTTON IS AWESOME ...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread