Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Well, if you say one of them could be the LDM, maybe so. I won’t be looking in that area for the LDM. Interestingly enough, no one (except for several hundred people who claim to have absolutely found the LDM but can’t produce any ore from it) has been able to find the LDM where it is supposed to be, either.:tongue3:

Well until we saw it here, NO ONE was proposing that El Naranjal was way north in Chihuahua/Sonora border region either. :dontknow:

Shortfinger also wrote
My contention is that, during the time frame of El Naranjal, the Tayopa region WAS in Durango (see previous map), ergo, the Tayopa region could be the correct location. In fact, “Tayopa in Durango?” was a thread you yourself started a couple of years ago!

Indeed, and I never stated that I believed that Tayopa was in Durango, just thought the theory was interesting enough for a discussion.

Shortfinger also wrote
I mentioned the Jesuits only in passing, because they were able to find several mines in the region (and, pretty much every region they went to, from what I can tell), but I am reasonably sure that they were never associated with El Naranjal. And, if they did happen to locate and work the claim during the early years, it would not have been called El Naranjal. :dontknow:

So, to sum up, we have a mineralized area, that was (historically during the correct time frame) in Durango, with orange trees, not too far from a ruined hacienda, with several other mines nearby….No shoe fitting there, that I can see. It slips on quite easily. :icon_thumright:

However, I do have to agree with you, the best way to get some answers is to start mining, and see what the ore looks like. So, if the ore is an unusual orangish hue, will you admit to the possibility? :occasion14:

My biggest hesitation for recommending this course of action is, no matter what happens, find it or not, El Naranjal or not, there will need to be another couple of chapters added to the Tayopa book…..which will then need to be revised…..etc, etc, etc.:BangHead:

More coffee? :coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:

JB

I have always allowed that it is POSSIBLE that El Naranjal, the second most famous lost mine of Mexico and most famous of Sinaloa, COULD be in Tayopa. Highly unlikely though. :dontknow:

Real de Tayopa wrote
Err.ah, Oro, by any chance was thr holder of Naranjo a coadjutor for the Jesuits??
coffee2.gif
, Coffee for you also.

Funny, never saw any mention of any Jesuit coadjutor, priest or neophyte being involved with Naranjal. :dontknow: By the way you have just altered the name there to Naranjo, "orange", which could lead down some erroneous trails. :tongue3: As our mutual amigo Cactusjumper Joe is fond of pointing out, history gets changed one word at a time, and sometimes just by one or two letters at a time! (Remember Atlantic & Atlantis, from the translations of Herodotus? Atlantis got erased by the translators altering the S to a C)

:coffee2::coffee2:

OP
OP
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oro, I must admit to a typocraphical arror, I inadvertently wrote Naranjo, not Naranjal as it should be. coffee make up for it ?? :coffee2::coffee2:,

P.S. I am not worried about history cause we already have found Naranjal ( ?) :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7: :dontknow:

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Valley Center, CA/Yuma, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Feliz Navidad, Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy, and prosperous New Year to all of my amigos here on TNet. The same wishes to everyone else, too, including any enemies I may have made.......Beverage of your choice?

:icon_santa::coffee2::coffee2::occasion14::coffee2::coffee2::icon_santa:

JB

Scar

Dec 25, 2010
Stay safe Mikel I see there is some bad weather up in your neck of the woods.

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We should be okay till after Christmas.
Then all bets will be off.

Thanks for watching my back.

Merry Christmas scar. I hope you are safe and warm as well for those that you love.
#/;0)~

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Merry Christmas to all my friends ( and my enemies ) . I hope all will be well and you will enjoy these days with your family and friends .

J.A.A.

Sep 1, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Pro Pointer
Happy holidays all!
Wishing everyone all the best in the coming year.....
....and maybe this'll be the year Señor Tropical Tramp finishes his book!

Cheers-
-JA

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy holidays all!
Wishing everyone all the best in the coming year.....
....and maybe this'll be the year Señor Tropical Tramp finishes his book!

Cheers-
-JA

Amen !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread