Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have my sock coffee? But no, not lazy, have PLENTY of things demanding my time every day, and for some time to come. Very much off topic however.

Howdy Mi Compadre Oroblanco,

It was our Compadre Don Jose who had claimed to be lazy, I was just trying to perk him up with some "cafe de talega". It has been around for centuries in old Mexico. Some say it came from Nicaragua, where they call the cloth strainer "media" which translates to hose, or sock. Even in Costa Rica as well as other places, they have wooden stands to hold the strainer over the cup.

In Monterrey one guy sells it as sock coffee, or "cafe de calsetin".

cafe-de-talega.jpg

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HOWDY MIKEL,

SORRY ABOUT YOUR COUSIN, I DIDN'T GET TO SEE IT ALL. STILL WONDER WHAT WOULD MAKE A GOOD FRIEND DO THAT?

HOMAR

Thanks Homar.
Some say that opposites attract.

Glenn was always, as was his dad, kindhearted and gentle.

I don't think I will ever understand how it could have happened.

I appreciate your post, and the likes from those that stamped below it.

#/;0(~

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stopped raining Here but the same storm has killed several folks and destroyed property Midland to Boston.

I have nothing to complain about.

God bless the less fortunate.

♥♥.

OP
OP
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Corozone, that is the standard way to make coffee here in Mexico, which is why I am not put off with Oro's sock coffee. That, and fresh corn tortillas, form the basis of any meal. I generally go through 5 - 7 tortillas per meal.and a filtering or two of Talegas.

Incidentally, at the start of WWII they dyed all navy white uniforms with Coffee (----) brown.by actually using good coffee for that, ugh, such a waste.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Don Jose,

Let's see just how authentic your tortillas are. Does your wife shape them out on her thigh?:dontknow: Don't mean to get too personal there, but I have seen it done. Best fish tacos in Mexico.:laughing7:

Take care and Happy New Year!

Joe

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI joe. welcome. The Yaquis make em of flour approx, 1 meter in iameter. They roll em on their arms ixed with plenty of sweat :laughing7::laughing7:

Joe, not to get too vulgar also, but a crude speaking friend of mine suggested about the same thing "did they wash up after a hot afternoon of love "

We use store botten tortillas, delivered by a kid on a bike, made with a machine. But the absloutely best are the hand made blue mt corn tortillas that have mixed grass seede ground up with them. :icon_thumleft::hello2:

Last edited:

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real Amigo,:coffee2: Some store bought tortillas have multiple uses,#1. covering your burro's eyes when milking ,#2 throwing them in the air and filming them as a UFO sighting, also some can be used
as cushions when sitting on rocks,
Oro,Amigo, :coffee2:You should see my burro's socks,she likes to mix and match colors depending on the color of lip stick she's wearing,:lips:mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. NP:cat:

AbTexEx

Nov 27, 2008
America's Dairyland
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Corporate threw us a party one time. BBQ and beer.
HR went out back and fired up the grill while we iced up the coolers.
After everyone got there, one of the engineers wives grabbed me by the arm.
"HR makes the best BBQ chicken. Would you go with me so I can see what he uses?"
Well she drags me out the door into the blistering heat, humidity so high you could swim in it
There's HR mixing up a huge pan of raw chicken, throwing different spices in.
Leaning over the pan, HR looked like a waterfall of sweat coming off his brow straight into the pan.
I took her by the arm and led her back inside grabbing a couple of beers on the way.
She grabbed one and drained the bottle before I could open the second one for her.

Now you know the "secret ingredient"
Shaddup and bring more beer!

AJones

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wind bag ?? windbag?? ya sure know how to knock a guy's ago . is that why you hide half of your face? On second thought yer either a 5o lb or a 359 lb broad. :laughing7::laughing7:
Shall we retire to my bearskin rug, formerly reserved forr someone else? :occasion14:

Welcome to our lil group, nothing sacred here, except complainng about the book, tis a masterpiece=--- in my opinion :coffee2::coffee2:. .

Last edited:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
All this talk of tortillas reminds me of some famous hamburgers, will have to tell you about them some time. :tongue3: Not related to prospecting, treasure hunting or Tayopa however so will save it for the camp fire session.

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

PS Don Jose any chance you will be going to the annual Dutch hunters rendezvous in 2016?

Loke

Mar 24, 2010
Republic of Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wind bag ?? windbag?? ya sure know how to knock a guy's ago . is that why you hide half of your face? On second thought yer either a 5o lb or a 359 lb broad. :laughing7::laughing7:
Welcome to our lil group, nothing sacred here, except complainng about the book, tis a masterpiece=--- in my opinion :coffee2::coffee2:. .
Talking about books (*chuckles*), may I be as bold as to ask you how your book is getting along ...?(innocent look)

As for 'windbag' - well, if the hat suits, wear it!

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oro, you posted - PS Don Jose any chance you will be going to the annual Dutch hunters rendezvous in 2016?

The ways of Tayopa people and mice are unknown. I really don't know. As much as I would like to see you and Beth (and the barfs ) again, it depends upon the financial situation and If I am stilll here. I ain a getting any younger ya know. Although I have beaten the odds many times before.
:laughing7::laughing7:.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loke, ya posted -- Talking about books (*chuckles*), may I be as bold as to ask you how your book is getting along ...?(innocent look)

None of yer &*^*,#@# (&*^^ business
:laughing7::laughing7:

Actually I HAVE been working on it my friend., time is running out.
Cafe ? :coffee2::coffee2:

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loke, ya posted -- Talking about books (*chuckles*), may I be as bold as to ask you how your book is getting along ...?(innocent look)

Amigo, Burro:coffee2:, exactly how do you spell that,I think you missed a letter or two.:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7: NP:cat:

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NP, store botten Tortillas here in Mexico and the US are far different, Th e US variety==patooie !

As for the quote, it was a combination of Swahili, anciet Chinese and, Sanscrit, with a little bit of Yaqui thrown in.

J.A.A.

Sep 1, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Pro Pointer

GREAT NEWS! Progress on the book! Good to hear!

Don Jose-
I'm sure you've posted this quite awhile ago and I just can't remember but, with regard to the "Tayopa treasure" manifest (40lbs. cross made of hammered gold, silver chalices, bells that weigh 700lbs., etc., etc.), did you ever find the entrance to the mine/cave that holds this cache of goodies, or just simply the mine itself? Or neither?
If you would be so kind, could you refresh our memories as to what you found, how ya found it, and where it all stands currently please? Just the bullet-points will do. I know you're a busy man trying to complete your book and all but it's been awhile since any solid Tayopa talk was done on this Tayopa page.
FYI I'm not trying to give you s$&t. I just enjoy hearing about the story/adventure and it's been awhile since I've personally gone back and reread posts from several years ago that answer these questions.

Thank you in advance.
All the best-
JA

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JAA, we are working on the access and the depository, unfortunately my partners have not kept me in the cummunication, circuit so I do not know what the progres is. I personally can not go up to Tayopa any more - time has taken her toll with me. I haven't heard anything from them for a few months, don't know if I am rich or need to make a donation to the working fund. To put it mildly I am not pleased.

Here is a stylized map of the depoitory, As for the entrance to Tayopa, sabe if they are making any progress,. They remind me of ants working, helter skelter, scurrying around from here to there with no apparent progress - why I tried to get Oro up there..You will notice that the invatory is not included there, This depository was created to hold the finances for the takeover of North America by the Jesuits in colaboration with the Dutch, for which they were expelled.

Map to mt..jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread