Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TT was right Don, it's like a virtual hostelry here with all the THs of the globe congregating to drown their sorrows, pick-up leads, share their experiences and hopes for the future, at Bar Tayopa with the venerable Don as landlord to keep the peace...:occasion14:

IUK

IUK,,,I went through most of the recent discussions you had on Inca thread especially the lost shipment to scotland...iteems tantalizing but difficult to discern which is true which is mere legend and also the valvarde story gets a new version to it ,,,but all the same quite a story...
I am a long time fan of Inca treasure legends...why do you think I have a nickname "tintin treasure"?..if you recall your tintin cartoon series,,there was one edition called " prisoners of the sun" actually a sequel to " the seven crystal balls" ,,it is an Inca treasure related adventure in Peru,,,I liked those tintin stories at an early age...there is a TV adaptation to the series,,here are the two sequels ,,,,Senhor Taypoa may also Like it...enjoy!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aDPpuXt0O48

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_MR3--WAn3w

TT

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CI

You'd probably have a better chance if you removed the saucy Don's 'play things' that always seem to detract him from his work....:laughing7:

IUK

Careful what you wish for.
All work and no play, might make a dull book.

I fully understand the disruptions and details of wrapping up the small stuff, and will not add preasure to the pot.

#/80)

OP
OP
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah Mikel ???? Leave my imaginary play things alone or I'LL sick AMY or Marius on you AND, no coffee :laughing7:

What's wrong with liking AMY's , that is what they were flung together for, to admire. :censored::laughing7:

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi TT

Had a feeling that the adventures of Tintin inspired you to travel and explore. Thanks for the links as well.

The EL Pensamiento and the whole Inca treasure thing is an interesting one. But if the Quartet find it difficult to work out and determine the details, it would be a hopeless task for us one man bands. But no harm in looking and asking and researching.

IUP

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And You my dear Don Jose stop dreaming of dancing girls and finish your book.:evil5:

What chapter are we at now?

I was given strict instructions by the trio to crack the whip on you.

Amy

Stop whiping Don Jose ! I believe he starts to enjoy it .

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stop whiping Don Jose ! I believe he starts to enjoy it .
Amigo, He would enjoy it more if he was getting whipped by those Grik girls,BUT,for now
we will have to do,:whip2::whip2::whip2::whip2::whip2::hello::hello:,HA! HA! HA!np:cat:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marius, I am NOT a grick masochist, so keep the dancing girls coming :laughing7:

I am curious, why do they throw things on the floor and turn over tables ??

They believe how breaking plates and glasses on the floor while dancing , how they are breaking the bad time in exchange for the good time and happy moments .

OP
OP
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even the best were stymied on Tayopa for over 450 yeas, but an amature solved it, so it may be wiih the Inca's goodies.

Sorta reminds me of the semi trailer that was stuck in an underpass, the best of the engineere were debating on the best way to raise the overpass structue when an old man among the watchers said"why don't you just let the air out of the tires"?

Last edited:

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi TT

Had a feeling that the adventures of Tintin inspired you to travel and explore. Thanks for the links as well.

The EL Pensamiento and the whole Inca treasure thing is an interesting one. But if the Quartet find it difficult to work out and determine the details, it would be a hopeless task for us one man bands. But no harm in looking and asking and researching.

IUP

IUK,,,and Real Tayopa,,,while searching for something else I found this 1896 newspaper article about "gold hoarding" and its impacts in the word economy of the time,,,it is quite good...it gives coverage on Russia,India,China ,Africa,USA and south America commenting further on secret gold hoards in India and China and lost gold mines in south America
http://archives.chicagotribune.com/1896/01/12/page/28/article/how-gold-is-hoarded

TT

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gracias TT. Looking at the prices in that newspaper makes one realize just what a value of $ 1.000.000 was in those days

:coffee2::coffee2:.tea?

It also suggests likely places of secret gold hoarding in India,,,,while the super rich had their treasure rooms and the Temples' secret vaults(as had been proved in recent years),,,,other ordinary people used to hide/bury thier gold in disused wells and in a hole made on the floor under their bed,,,if one comes along old wells and abandoned residential old houses in India ,one can know where to check,,,:)
TT

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice article, TT.

Gives some perspective on how big the earth is, how much gold is mined and yet how the demand for it is insatiable.

That is one of the reasons I did that expedition trip to India. It was not successful but it allowed to see things in a different perspective and with a different mindset. There is a serious middle-class emerging in India, about 600,000,000 and they want gold! And lots of it! Even the poorest of the poor there will aspire to owning jewellery before even thinking about their own home or vehicle.

Hence my belief that facilitating and acting as a "middleman" could reap dividends if done properly. I have some good contacts there now and have been there a few times and that is why I'm going to South America. I looked at the west coast of Africa as well - the Ashanti belt in Ghana - where there are rich pickings, but the Chinese have got that one pretty much sorted.

Still, there are many spots on the earth which can reap super dividends and rewards if planned properly.

Thanks for posting the article.

IUK

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have met one person who family struck it rich like you've mentioned, TT.

During the Indian partition in 1947, they were fleeing what is now Pakistan across the newly created border into India when they took shelter in an abandoned house in an isolated village. Whilst the children slept, one of the adults had a little look see around the large, well-constructed house. They came across a wall where someone had hastily attempted to break the plaster to access something..., they had heard stories of families hiding and secreting their wealth..., so they decided to investigate. Sure enough, a small box containing a serious amount of gold was discovered, and they reached India and took the first boat I think it was in those days, and set sail for good old Blighty...

They are well-known in London now...

There is so many abandoned houses, temples, wells, shrines and suchlike in India, that one could keep busy for the next 50 years and not make a dent. This sort of work could be planned properly there as there are solid archives and documents existing to aid any search but, I have to warn you, the bureaucracy there is atrocious. It is no wonder many try and bypass it using bribes.

IUK

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice article, TT.

Gives some perspective on how big the earth is, how much gold is mined and yet how the demand for it is insatiable.

That is one of the reasons I did that expedition trip to India. It was not successful but it allowed to see things in a different perspective and with a different mindset. There is a serious middle-class emerging in India, about 600,000,000 and they want gold! And lots of it! Even the poorest of the poor there will aspire to owning jewellery before even thinking about their own home or vehicle.

Hence my belief that facilitating and acting as a "middleman" could reap dividends if done properly. I have some good contacts there now and have been there a few times and that is why I'm going to South America. I looked at the west coast of Africa as well - the Ashanti belt in Ghana - where there are rich pickings, but the Chinese have got that one pretty much sorted.

Still, there are many spots on the earth which can reap super dividends and rewards if planned properly.

Thanks for posting the article.

IUK

IUK,,,you seem to be making a strategic move as the gold middle man,now I understand ..:)
TT

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have met one person who family struck it rich like you've mentioned, TT.

During the Indian partition in 1947, they were fleeing what is now Pakistan across the newly created border into India when they took shelter in an abandoned house in an isolated village. Whilst the children slept, one of the adults had a little look see around the large, well-constructed house. They came across a wall where someone had hastily attempted to break the plaster to access something..., they had heard stories of families hiding and secreting their wealth..., so they decided to investigate. Sure enough, a small box containing a serious amount of gold was discovered, and they reached India and took the first boat I think it was in those days, and set sail for good old Blighty...

They are well-known in London now...

There is so many abandoned houses, temples, wells, shrines and suchlike in India, that one could keep busy for the next 50 years and not make a dent. This sort of work could be planned properly there as there are solid archives and documents existing to aid any search but, I have to warn you, the bureaucracy there is atrocious. It is no wonder many try and bypass it using bribes.

IUK

It sounds a great potential,given both the rich and poor were hoarding gold for centuries,,,I now realize why Crow once labelled India as a "treasure power house" for THs...
TT

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It sounds a great potential,given both the rich and poor were hoarding gold for centuries,,,I now realize why Crow once labelled India as a "treasure power house" for THs...
TT

That wily old Birdy knows exactly what he's talking about.....:2barsgold::treasurechest::gold-bracelet::pot-of-gold::2barsgold:

There has been some crass and silly attempts by some locals, sometimes egged on by outsiders, to break into museums, vandalise old monuments and illegally search historical sites in the hope of getting 'lucky'. They mess things up for those that attempt to try and do things properly and professionally.

Can't deny that country's potential to the likes of us.

IUP

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread